What's your average spend per Champagne bottle in your collection?

For the people voting over $100, how many bottles of Champagne do you have?

Ave. spend on bottles of sparkling wine currently in my cellar: $47.50
Ave. spend, historically, on sparkling wines: $32.50 (does not include bottles gifted to me)

Both of those numbers are reflective of my habit of generally buying sub-$20 sparklers for mimosas. If I were to keep this only to Champagne, specifically, the numbers would change drastically.

278 in 54 wines.

I’m just a shade over $70 per bottle. Seems about right given what I normally buy

I tend to buy in the $40-60 range and also $120+ for longer term aging. Average is $115, but only 43 bottles so far (growing quickly, though :slight_smile:)

The average for my 47 bottles is almost exactly $100. This does not include the $20 bottles we buy for my wife to drink with her girlfriends. I have have just recently started buying vintage champagnes so I expect this average will creep up.

that’s why I listed both. Everything is going up in cost

~40 cases; it’s hard to keep track and I haven’t updated CT in awhile. At least 2/3 is grand Marques, mostly dp/krug although I’ve started adding more Cristal lately.

I buy a lot of daily drinkers which cost between $32-$40.

Then I go where I want for some special stuff, in the $100-150 range. Problem is, I look at them as I do my daily drinkers. And so it goes.

Baller.

But not excessibe.

80 bottles, 19 different wines.

Almost exactly the same! The Salon affect…

153 bottles in 73 wines. Honestly, I should have more. Champagne is pretty much my desert island wine.

I have reduced my Champagne drinking to only the best so my average spend is about 333.33 USD to be honest champagne.gif

I like Champagne and find a lot of enjoyment in bottles under $50, very much where most of my wine purchases are. I have bought some spendy bottles, as I have with still wines, but that’s not my norm.

I’m pretty surprised at the poll results and wonder if $100 and up is the range for all wines among you whales.

Years ago a friend asked me if I could hook him up with a bottle of bubbles from my collection for his anniversary with his then-GF/now wife. I told him that I didn’t have much on hand that I could give away. So, this exchange happened:

friend: But I thought you drink a lot of champagne

me: exactly

64 bottles, 21 wines

Arithmetic average. Median might be a better true estimate of the average in this case.

Haven’t seen you around here in quite a while, Ebbe.
really $500.00?

I get answering anonymous polls like this, but I’m always surprised by the specificity in which people post about how many bottles they own and how much they cost.