What Wine Would you Get?

Get the bread pudding.

+1 on the Ceritas. I have 3 bottles of this.

For apéritif and a matching first course, I’d definitely have the 1999 Champagne Bruno Paillard NPU. I’ve had it before; and, at $305 in a restaurant, it’s very well priced.

I have not had Ramonet in 2013, but I have had excellent white Burgundies from other producers.

Why can’t every wine list be more like this one?

I’ll be in Boston in a month or two. Might you be willing to PM me the location?

Have my doubts about the Allemand, only because I think it would need a good bit of air to open up, at least that was my experience recently in a restaurant. Have you considered the 06 C h â t e a u S i m o n e Grand Cru? I’ve always wanted to try one–only GC from Provence, nice write-ups on CT and a hard to beat price.

I have been thinking about that re: the Allemand, but we’re thinking of showing up an hour or so early to have a drink or two before we sit down for dinner; so we should be able to get it in a decanter for a bit before we actually drink it.

IMO it’s tough to not get the Chaillot at that price for Allemand generally, let alone an 05 at a restaurant!

Why is the restaurant “secret”? [stirthepothal.gif]

The Ramonet and the Meo Ech.

The Allemand is a good price.

It’s not! Eastern Standard in Boston.

Boy, that list is better than I remember for Eastern Standard - have to head back soon.

They got a new wine director somewhat recently i believe

I was thinking the same thing!

Damn I was just up there last week…

1974 Charles Krug Vintage Collection Lot F1 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley would be my pick. Several recent and very positive notes on CT.