What will you be opening for Father's Day ?

Flannery burgers with bacon for sure…will update when wine is chosen as my dad is here so we need to collaborate. Hot in Seattle so ended up with some Georgetown Lucille IPA, 2017 Barnard Griffin Rose of Sangiovese and a bottle of 2014 SQN Pirahna Waterdance.

For the past 9 years, the same wine at the same place. Yamas!
418AA99F-1DDE-4836-95C2-7C2CF53A3F83.jpeg

Such a good idea! I don’t have any, but riffing on the same theme I think I might do a Carlisle Papa’s Block.

1989 Pichon Longueville Baron.

As usual, my wallet

A great choice. When i opened one last November it was in a perfect spot with many years left.

Going out for the 1st time, due to busy few days, so whatever is suitable on the list. Negronis (yes plural, as wife will drive to resto) on the patio beforehand. Doesn’t hurt having some liquid courage before an in-law meal.

brilliant!

1995 Taittinger Comte with scallops (Herb Farm recipe with carrot juice reduction).

Cheers!

2014 Carlisle Palisades PS. My father digs Carlisle and he’s never tasted the Palisades. I’m looking forward to seeing his reaction when that pen ink hits the glass.

We have friends coming round, and cooked an Osso Buco, so will open a Barolo. Sandrone Le Vigne 1997 and a 1971 Chateau Olivier with a 1996 Calon Segur as a back up.

True. It’s is quite funny how we buy ourselves our own Father’s Day gifts, which we invariably don’t like. I did have some solid Bloody Mary’s, however, with potato pancakes fried in duck fat with crispy duck and poached eggs on top. I paid. I did not tell my cardio. I earned this one.

14 LB Standing Rib Roast with '08 Dominus & '07 P.M. Les Pavots.
Unfortunately, 2 of my 3 children & families are either sick or in the Bahamas , so a smaller than usual dinner.

PS Florida Spiny Lobster tails for appetizer. flirtysmile

Nothing of which I am aware.

2014 Cristom Marjorie Pinot for me. Had to go Oregon Pinot on a day like today

Antichrist wine. Take St Emilion, add 2003, mix in Hubert de Boüard . . . and you get 03 Angelus.

Translucent cherry red (not impenetrable purple), red fruits, abundant tannin but also a fair amount of acidity. Zero roasted character, no apparent alcohol. Most definitely NOT what I expected.

Robert must be retching somewhere.

2015 Once & Future Bedrock Vineyard Zin - a wine made by a dad using his son’s grapes.

Just had a very nice 1998 Vieux Telegraph. Actually pretty great.

But, did you like it!? :wink:

I stuck to my plan: Bloody Mary’s.

Was a killer day. Woke a bit dehydrated with a fuzzy head. Rode (cycled) 3 hours with the race pack, quick shower and headed to brunch. Bloody Mary’s, duck fried potato pancakes with crispy duck and poached eggs. Did not tell my cardio. Nice time with the family. Wife and I took naps. Walked the dog. Watched US Open. Sushi dinner with a White Burg. Thirty minutes of paddleboarding in the lake at dusk. About to sit down with my son to watch Westworld, also about to pour a Lagavulin double. Could not script a better day. Oh, and booked a trip to LA with wife and kid for a little R&R before he heads back to 'Bama.

Hope everyone had a wonderful time on this day with friends and loved ones. Cheers all.

We’re drinking 2013 JM Vincent Auxey-Duresses Les Hautés and 2015 Robert Sirugue Vosne (after a 2007 Jadot Clos De la Croix de Pierre was lightly corked - thanks, Todd :wink: ).

My daughters are cooking. First round is gougères! Then pommes a l’huile with herring, blanquette d’agneau, cheese, Manresa baguette, and blackberry cobbler.
E965A2FB-C121-4EAD-BB92-69C5505640CA.jpeg
083CA714-2D6D-44C6-87E0-E3A79D3147FF.jpeg