What type of stemware should I use for Riesling?

Zalto Universal…it’s worth the investment in a few of them.

Interesting, I generally use Zalto Bordeaux for my Riesling, but I am not a fanatic about stems either. I have loved many great Rieslings out of everything from solo cups to restaurant supply “Libby’s” water glasses which are like a dollar apiece.

I actually try to avoid large bowls for my Rieslings. Riedel Zinf/Ries is a good choice, though my personal reference is actually Riedel Sommelier Sautenes(!)

Any old glass will do, as long as it has a focused (therefore not too large) rim diameter.

Well, I probably wouldn’t recommend Solo or Libby’s to the OP, but pretty much anything else should be serviceable. Unfortunately, it’s a bit disheartening when someone says I have A, B, and C to have posters ignore what’s on hand and advising instead to get X, Y, and Z.

When stationed in Germany in the 1959-61 era, I was served Riesling and Mosel wines in the standard glasses with the green bottom and clear bowl, with vines, etc., on the bowl and a line to show where to make the pour. In 1982, my wife and I had a dinner near the Dom in Frankfort, with a great local riesling severed in these standard glasses. We went to Kaufhof in Frankfort and bought 6 crystal bowled glasses with the green bottoms, and use these constantly. We waited in line for a while, while the sales girls pinged the good china plates to make sure they sounded good and looking through them, etc. With our glasses, they made them “sing” by rubbing their fingers over the bowls. As all the purchases passed muster, all in the line nodded their heads in agreement.

Love those glasses!!

Okay, the OP should try glasses A, B and C and see what he likes.

Does a beer stein count as stemware?

Riedel Vinum Chianti works fine and isn´t to huge … and also not frightfully expensive !
Large Bordeaux stems are too big for me …

A tall thin riesling bottle works well, too.

I can assure that Keller Morstein tastes at least 25 points better in a Zalto Universal

I like the Riedel Vinum Chianti and the Zalto Universal for Riesling. Your simple white wine glass is likely the closest approximation.

The larger bowls on the Bordeaux and Burgundy glasses don’t do it for me, though clearly some prefer those.

Tom Glasgow’s advice is best. Try the wine in the glasses you have and pick the one you like the best.

Riedel Vinum series Chianti Classico/Riesling Grand Cru and Zalto Univeral are popular choices for Riesling, as mentioned above. I use the Gabriel-Glas. But Spiegelau and Schott Zwiesel make very good glasses, too.

Could be a fun little experiment