What’s your NYE bubbly going to be?

1995 de Venoge Louis XV

For the past 5 years, we have been opening either an ‘02 or ‘06 Comtes magnum. I was contemplating opening an ‘08 Comtes magnum this year, but I have decided to go with an ‘02 Cristal instead.

2006 Gosset Champagne Brut Grand Millésime

Just having one couple over, they like wine but are not geeky at all, so I figure this will be something more rich and crowd-pleasing.

Also noticed the other night at dinner that my country club wine list has Krug Grande Cuvee for $185, so a buddy and I are going to split a bottle after our afternoon round today. That should be a treat.

Jerome Prevost

2002 Billecart-Salmon “Cuvée Nicolas François”

Don’t forget about the WB Weekly Charity thread. Post your sparkling photos, tasting notes, and bubbly knowledge and raise some money for a good cause.

Cheers,
Patrick

That sounds cool. I had some Tribute to Grace Grenache many years ago and really enjoyed it.

Good idea. Will pull one for tonight as well, since we celebrated our 35th anniversary in September with this. Nice way to end the year!

1 Like

Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle no. 24

Wife asked for Roederer 242 after trying it two weeks ago. First time she has specifically asked for bubbles so I’ll oblige

I’ll be opening a 2011 Domaine Belluard Mont Blanc Brut Zéro in memory of the sad passing of Dominique Belluard earlier this year.

4 Likes

(slight thread drift…) Yes, a real tragedy. I drank my last bottle of '10 Le Feu a month ago. It felt sad just looking at the label.

1 Like

Probably a 1995 Charles Heidsieck blanc des Millénaires

1 Like

Going to a Champagne party. I’m bringing 2004 Bolly RD and 2007 Taittinger Comtes Rose

2006 Taittinger Comtes

Krug GC 160ème

Either a 375ml of Krug #169 or a 750ml bottle of 2006 PH Cuvee Rare. Have had the Krug before, but not the PH.

2011 Larmandier-Bernier, Les Chemins D’Avize because it’s what I happened to grab.

RT

Egly-Ouriet “Vieillissement Prolonge”

My other favorite in the Egly line-up! Enjoy.