What’s your “definite buy” in 2020?

More Kelley Fox and tried a couple of Goodfellow pinots over Thanksgiving, yes sir more please!

Kelley Fox, Kelley Fox, Kelley Fox
Northern Rhône (Cornas and Cote Rotie)
Beaujolais
Oregon Chardonnay (Cameron, WS)
Champagne

Lassaigne Vins de Montguex NV
Doyard BdB NV
Schloss Gobelsberg Riesling Tradition
Merkelbach
Hexamer
Thibaud Bourdignon Savenierres and Anjou Blanc

Bethel Heights High Wire Chardonnay
Crowley Four Winds Chardonnay

Evesham Wood Temperance Hill Pinot Noir

Many thanks to everyone who posted Goodfellow. It’s deeply appreciated.

Keller GGs
Brana rose
Boillot Clos de la Mouchere

Some opportunistic buying and back-filling, I’m sure, but we’re largely done buying new releases.

At a freshly-turned 54 and a very full “cellar,” this is exactly where I need to be. No more new releases of wine that really take 15+ years, which is much of what I buy, minus those delish Cru Bojos that I slurp down as babies even knowing that they can age gracefully. I bought no 2015 or 2018 Bordeaux and just a smaller amount of 2016.

My tough choice will be my allocations of things like Gonon, Benetiere, Vatan, etc. And stuff that isn’t quite so allocated but I love immensely, like Levet and Baudry. I actually have more Levet and Baudry than I might need, if I used my little brain. I’ll not let Gonon go for a variety of reasons, one of which is, so many vintages are actually damn good in their youth, unlike a Levet, that can be hard as nails.

This is my goal, too. The only specific wines at the moment are 2015 Produttori Riservas. Probably Paje, Montefico, Asili and maybe Montestefano. Also, some 2008 Champagne.

Yep, that’s us for sure. We’re rapidly approaching 50, with more wine than we will be able to drink. We stopped buying Bordeaux in any quantity many years ago (separate decisions, since we weren’t married yet), stopped Barolo/Barbareso with 2013, stopped red burgundy (except things like Savigny or Irancy) after 2012. We, too, still buy a few select cru beaujolais for medium term aging, and will keep a couple of verticals going. But even in Champagne and Germany, it’s only a few producers we’ll buy yearly.

Liquid Farm

We share some palate preferences with the Merkelbach and Hexamer.

Age and a full cellar have me on wine probation for the coming year. I’m going to try to keep it to no more than one case for the cellar. I’ve already got half of that allocated to 08 Taittinger Comtes, so not a great start.

I need to make sure I buy Merkelbach this year, and every year. The brothers don’t have forever to keep making wine.

Have to wait until 2021 for that one

This…and a few more Champagnes

Definitely:
Kelley Fox
MacD
Beta

and then everything else I’ve promised not to buy :wink:

Health insurance

Under The Wire

I adore new world Pinot and there are 4 that I’m lucky enough to be on the mailing list and every year I buy as much as I can afford. Number 1 is Rochioli “small block”. It took me 12 years to make the list and I will buy as much as I’m offered. Earlier this year I was offered 6 different cuvees for a total of 24 bottles. Second would be Kutch. I adore Jamie’s wines and find him to be a world class gentleman! Third is Rivers-Marie. Usually offered 2 cases of the single vineyard and adore all, especially the Old Vine Summa. Finally is Littorai…a bit pricey for my budget, but worth the sacrifice.

Comtes, as many have said. The 16s from the Barolo producers I buy, as I think it’s a very good vintage.
Otherwise, I can’t think of anything that’s a “must buy” given the combination of tariffs and my view of the recent vintages in France.

MacDonald and SQN and Screaming Eagle , if allocated .

Whatever I like or would be interested in trying.

Especially if it’s deeply discounted.