What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 2)

3x Krug GC half bottles collecting dust on a bottom shelf. Not sure the edition yet and don’t care given they were at close to the peak-Wine.com-coupon/cash back extravaganza pricing

4 Likes

2019 Richard Maniere Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots
2020 Richard Maniere Bourgogne Rouge

2020 Mugneret Gibourg
2 Echezeaux
1 VR Colombiere
1 VR
1 Chaignots
1 Feusselottes

$2200 all in. Most I’ve paid for a 6 pack lololol!

6 Likes

I just landed a 3L of the 2011 to match ya! Have no clue what to do with it.

3 Likes

Any of you guys tried an 86 Magdelaine recently?

Paging @Mark_Golodetz too

1 Like

I suspect that there are not a lot of opportunities to open a double magnum! Four bottles of a single wine is way too much in most settings.

I have one 3l in the cellar (a 2001 Cavalotto Barolo) and after more than 10 years I still have no idea when I will find the “correct moment”

1 Like

Brodie, sounds like a great wine/size to share with a friend over a proper pranzo longo session.

Cheers,
Mikael

1 Like

@Charlie_Carnes - Meats, did you ever drink that ‘86 that I left at your place in Highlands?

1 Like

I don’t know. If it’s a good wine, a table for 8 should be more than enough along with a few other bottles.

1 Like

Wow! 3 liters! I don’t even buy magnums anymore.

Party in Orlando?! (in 2035)

3 Likes

Saw a note from a tasting in 2013. It was typically 1986; tannic and it was questionable if it would soften before the fruit faded. Worth trying again.

2 Likes

Joined Realm a few months ago and for Christmas popped the 2017 Moonracer. It was exceptional, so I opened the 2nd bottle at NYE. I emailed a friend and asked him to join so I could grab more, so these are on the way:
2 x Realm Moonracer 2017
2 x Realm The Bard 2019
2 x Realm The Tempest 2018

Also, just saw my check from Marcassin was cashed! So 6 x 2013 Marcassin Pinot Noir

2 Likes

Thanks. Decided to buy some more 89 instead, may grab one though, good price ($99) on them at the wine club

2* 2019 Realm Dr. Crane Mag
2* 2019 Realm To Kalon Cabernet Franc Mag
1* 2019 Caroline Morey CBM

2 Likes

The 89 Magdelaine is so good.

3 Likes

Agreed! Bested 82 and 70 in a tasting last year

1 Like

A case of the 2021 Tensley Syrah Santa Barbara. Best wine deal in years.

1 Like

1982 is smokin! Never had the 1989!

Come North!

3 Likes

North up!!!