What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 2)

We thought about buying this mag at republique and went with the 13 instead. It was great!

Was thinking of you when I was posting this haha

I’m very excited to try it :slight_smile: If I end up going to La Fete du Champagne later this year, I may bring it!

I decided to grab some more French and Italian wines today. Looking to try some newer winemakers for me.

2 Likes

Some more 2022 Patricia Green Cellars :grin:

6 of the 2022 La Belle Promenade Vineyard Ghost;
9 of the 2022 Chehalem Mountain Vineyard, Wadensvil Clone;
6 of the 2022 La Belle Promenade Vineyard;
4 of the 2022 Durant Vineyard, Madrone Block; and,
5 of the 2022 Volcanic.

2 Likes

I tend to agree. I stopped buying direct after the 18 vintage because prices jumped 100 for the 19s

1x 2009 Carlisle Winery & Vineyards Syrah Dry Creek Valley

1 x 2022 Antica Terra Antikythera

So freaking excited for these. Njord is a winemaker in Denmark making red wines on Pinot Noir Précoce (Frühburgunder) that are taking people by storm; guessing Burgundy in blindtastings.

10 Likes

2014 stein ohne
2015 lauer gg fass 18

2 Likes

Are they guessing Burgundy by the prices?!? :laughing:
I’m looking forward to your tasting notes!

1 Like

Well they certainly can live up to them! Most common guess I heard is Chambolle Village/1er!

The regular price for a bottle is €60.

1 Like

I’m not one to be swayed by packaging and labels, but wowzers they hit it out of the park!

1 Like

I was looking for it locally when I first heard about it. Not a single wine shop ever heard of it. The only Danish (non cherry) wine available was a white, from people linked to the Noma. Terrible stuff…

1 Like

Njord is the only winemaker in Denmark making proper wine so far (from what I’ve tasted).

1 Like

I think the winery only sells directly on allocation to private people and to Danish restaurants… Otherwise the second market.

1 Like

The sparkling I had from Klitgaard was really serious as well.

1 Like

21 DRC Ech

1 Like

Why is there a missing bottle? :grin:

Unfortunately the person only wanted to trade 5 of his bottles, but I don’t complain :wink:

1 Like

Lil bit of ‘22 Bruno Lorenzon.

3 Likes