What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 2)

Weekend trip to NYC with my fiancé and splurged at Astor Wines and a couple other choice spots. Being from Philly and subject to the chaotic whims of the PLBC it was a blast to just browse and see the variety available.

Here are our pick-ups:
2x Huré Frères - Mémoire Extra Brut - NV
2x Huré Frères - Invitation Brut, NV
1x Bollinger - R.D. Extra Brut - 2007
1x Kumpf et Meyer - Utopiste - 2020
1x Bertram-Baltes - Handwerk Spätburgunder - 2018

A little random, for sure. Grabbed the Bertram-Baltes in feeling nostalgic for a trip to the Ahr Valley a few years ago (never seen anything from Ahr in Philly). The Kumpf et Meyer is another nostalgic buy from a spargel season dinner on the same trip. If memory serves it went really well with spargel.

2 Likes

1987 Domaine Gigon Lignage

1 Like

Did you buy it at a restaurant over a business dinner?

Acker auction!

1998 Pavie Macquin

A bit of 2016 and 2017 domaine Ganevat’s.

1x Les Chalasses Marnes Bleues
3x Les Grands Teppes
2x Les Rescapes

1 Like

2011 La Rioja Alta 904

Purchased one day before an announced 37% price increase here. It was nice knowing you, but will have to make due with the Ardanza in the future.

Would not think it is your kind of wine

Well, perhaps I screwed up, was reading some praise on it and assumed it was more like the 1998 Pavie. Regardless, it’s for a 98 flight I’m doing for some friends. So not my wheelhouse? Oopsy.

I agree with Mark: this really doesn’t sound like your kind of wine. Here’s Parker’s initial in-bottle review:

“Nearly exaggerated levels of intensity, extract, and richness are apparent in this opaque blue/purple-colored wine. Sumptuous aromas of blueberries, blackberries, and cherries combine with smoke, licorice, vanillin, and truffles to create a compelling aromatic explosion. The wine is fabulously dense, full-bodied, and layered, with multiple dimensions, gorgeous purity, and superbly integrated acidity as well as tannin.”

I’m sure it’s calmed down in the intervening 2+ decades (more recent critical reviews are quite positive and don’t indicate such extremities), but still.

1 Like

Les Horées '19 Pernand Vergelesses 1er Cru ‘Les Fichots’ & '19 Beaune ‘Les Prévolles’ :blush:

I had the 2016 marnes bleu about 2 weeks ago. It was my favorite of his savagnin bottlings.

I’ve avoided 2017 due to its poor rep…didn’t think there was much ganevat output that year. You taste anything?

I remember that most of the domaine grapes went into Survivants (ch), Miracules (ch) and Resistants (sav) in 2017, very good wines, but not a normal year.

I opened a Resistants I think, but the 2018s are here now.

1 Like

2019 Rousseau charmes
2019 Rousseau cdlr
2019 Rousseau beze
2019 Rousseau chambertin
2019 Rousseau CSJ
2019 Rousseau ruchottes

4 Likes

2017 was indeed a bit of a disaster year in Jura. Ganevat put most of the Savagnin he had into the following: Resistants for negociant and for the domaine Les Rescapes.

I own both but have not tasted them yet. That said, then one of my good friends who i trust 100% told me that they are pretty damn good.

Allente & Boulanger did the same in 2017 where they made a one off cuvee called Mix. That wine is pretty damn great. So there are good stuff to find in the vintage.

My thoughts as well

Some '20 Paul Pillot

2019 Michele Chiarlo Barbaresco Asili

Case of 21’ Standish.

1 Like

19 and 20 lignier msd 1er vv
10 mg GC 1er

1 Like