What is the new Saxum

Interesting. I have been buying since the 2004 vintage, but my release is July 29th. Seems like I am in the 2nd or 3rd wave. I guess this is good with Myriad, Kutch and R-M over the past week.

Iā€™m not dead yet. neener

Thanks for the patronage, it is very much appreciated.

Can I add Ledge, Turtle Rock, Clos Solene, Caliza, and Brian Benson to the list of worthy successors?

Justin,

We all know youā€™re not dead - just a rock star champagne.gif

How about adding some down my neck of the woods? Who do you enjoy down here for the $$$? Just curious . . . .

Or are you as much of a homer for Paso as I am for SBC?!?!?

Cheers!

Hey Larry,

Since the demise of HdR I donā€™t have the chance to try all the great wines coming out of SBC, and I definitely am not familiar with the different terroirs (which to me is what it is all about), but my short list of people who are making wines I always love (besides you of course) are Shashi Moorman, Adam Tolmach, and Chad Melville. Piedrasassi has to be the most underrated wine anywhere.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that liked Piedrasassi. They arenā€™t that easy to find.

Ledge is a new one for me. Justin, does Mark Adams accommodate visitors for tastings?

Thanks. And Sashi and Chad continue to quietly kill it!

Cheers!

Living in SLO, there are many great wines in Paso. Most are listed such as Paix Sur Terre, Turtle Rock, Ledge, McPrice Meyers, Brian Benson, Terry Houge, Epoch, Torrin, Booker, Nicora, Clos Solene, Denner, Herman Story.

Should probably add Law Estate Wines made by Scott Hawley, ONX, and Desparada to the list.

As far as I know Ledge does not have tastings but you can pick up at like 15ā€™C.

Tried almost except Ledge and McPrice although I have some bottles here. Waiting to get some Torrin as well. Paix is very nice, Turtle Rock is a great QPR, Clos Solene is fantastic but up in price, Nicora is one of my favorites.

TB- When Markā€™s not playing gigs around town or surfing in Cayucos he is usually open for tasting some barrels and kicking some dirt in his vineyard. Mark Adams <mark@ledgevineyards.com>

Thanks Justin. Iā€™ll make sure to check the Surf Line reports before verifying any appointments with Mark. [basic-smile.gif]

Justin,
Any idea when you will look at wish lists ?

I agree with Ledge. I have purchased the '10 and '11 Adams Ranch Syrahā€™s. I have only had a bottle of the '10 so far and I was really impressed. I see that Mark has added a James Berry Syrah in 2012 and for $55-$60 these IMO are worth seeking out.

Brian

Thought thatā€™s supposed to be the original recipe.

Ned, we wonā€™t be looking at wishes until all 3 waves are released, so it will probably be mid August before you hear from us.

A.So, original recipe had rocket fuel, not vodka. We had to cut some corners. :wink:

Haā€“brilliant!

Was there a place in the order for wishlists? I didnā€™t see it?

I was thinking the same thing -

Beautiful thing about palate differences as I couldnā€™t disagree more. And my palate has shifted away from big wines and Iā€™d still take Saxum. Was at a Jaffurs dinner recently and didnā€™t like the wines nearly as much as I wanted to.

Interesting. I have been buying since the 2001 vintage (still have one Bone Rock left), and I didnā€™t make the cut for the first wave. Hmm. Oh well, as long as there is some left.

throw in a 50 day extended maceration and you got it :slight_smile:

PS-where do i buy this?