What is the best online wine board?

I used to post on Wine pages. I liked seeing the European viewpoint and there were some good people there. But, there was way too much American stereotyping there (Americans like this, Americans don’t like that), etc., that I just got tired of reading. So, I stop going there.

I also used to post on the Wine Lovers Discussion Forum. Probably my second wine board that I participated in - the first being the old (and still missed) AOL board. I enjoyed it. Not sure why I stopped going there. I think it was a bit more difficult to find things there, although that might have changed. Have not been there in years - would not know how to even find it anymore. Is it still run by Robin Garr?

I go to Wine Disorder every once in a while. Agree with the comment that it is a self-referential community but with lots of expertise. Good way too read about more well-made wines that are not the big name brands. VERY New Yorkish.

It’s still at wldg.com. I stop in occasionally, mostly for Dale’s notes. After the two exoduses (one to Asylum and one to Squires) the activity died down quite a bit.

Nice to hear BWE is still around, I haven’t looked in there for years. I still have very fond memories of the NYC event that was organized through that.

I started out with WLDG and West Coast Wine Network, now I really only participate in WB and Wine Disorder. Though I’ll look in on wine-pages every so often.l

Not a Board, but there is a lot of great discussion in various Facebook groups about wine. Burgundy particularly but all over. Lots more traffic as well.

I thought we had retired the traditional greeting, which I take credit for suggesting. Too many unsuspecting newbies didn’t know why they were being insulted. To my knowledge, only Eric Asimov ever requested it and he doesn’t really participate.

Wine Talk is the sub-forum to our cycling group.

You winos need to grab a bike and join. Ride more let’s you eat and drink more!

For me, it’s all about pleasure. My favorite online wine board is always the one that gives me the most pleasure. That changes from time to time. And my golden rule is this: “No pleasure, no wine board!” :slight_smile:

And for men to discuss their jewelry.

My journey into the wine rabbit hole was totally serviced by wine pages and continues to be - I have made great friends there and I still feel it’s an awesome little community.

Only since moving to the US have I started reading and contributing to WB. WB has an interesting reputation. The bravado is quite amusing at times, but other times it does put me off replying. It’s been a great source of learning for me on American wines though.

There are other wine boards?

[resizeableimage=500,350]http://artofcycling.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/champagne-and-cadel.jpg[/resizeableimage]

RT

Shoes too!

which Facebook groups specifically were you thinking of, Loren?

For Burgundy, Burgundy and Burgundy Geeks. Also Syrah Geeks and a bunch more. Must be dozens at least.

hm. Even though I am the admin for Burgundy Geeks, I would not say that either of the groups have more “activity” per se than WB for Burgundy. There just isn’t much back and forth and exchange of information.

A good principle.

OP: What is the best online wine board?
Answer: Whichever board I happen to be on at the time.

That’s where the best bananas are.

Here and BWE