What do you think Spectators #1 WOTY will be?

I’ve been pushing off buying some…now I am regretting it!

Waited a bit too long also… snagged Rabaja instead.

My guess is 15 Huet

Just curious, do prices for the WOTY increase the same day the wine is announced?

There is a short bump of maybe a month of price increases then back to normal. Except for the WOTY. That has had a lasting and large increase for the most part. It depends on the category but there will be some for sure.

I’m hoping for an Oregon trifecta but if that doesn’t pan out my guess would be a 2013 Cabernet from Cali.

Also, many of these wines received high scores months ago, so, to the extent still available, likely already have priced in whatever value a high WS score provides.

Lewis Napa Cab 2013 it is…

When I was ITB we sold Paloma 2001 Merlot and it got WOTY. It was already sold out when the review hit. I took lots of angry calls from several accounts screaming about how they were getting cheated by bigger accounts getting their allocations. Not a fun time.

Aw, good times. Barbara Richards had some good stories about people calling up the winery DESPERATE to get some the 2001 Merlot after the WOTY designation.

Bruce

The list is slanted much more to the US that I expected. I guess that is where the advertising dollars are.

P Hickner

Updated

Laube loves Lewis.

From WS:
“Since the debut vintage, 1994, I’ve reviewed 60 Cabernets and blends, nearly all of which have earned outstanding ratings of 90 or more points, with 15 in the classic range (95 to 100), and the wines have earned repeated appearances in the Top 100 and Top 10.”

I tasted some of the earlier releases and enjoyed them. “Full throttle” is a good description. I recall they were heavy wines, with depth of flavor and complexity. My interest in such wines changed, and I discovered other wines I liked better. I have not purchased or tasted any of the Lewis line up since around 2002 vintage. I recall the 2002 Cab was over ripe with a port like profile.

Excellent. Give it to an over-oaked Napa Cab that I have zero interest in.

News flash, Randy Lewis finally wins! Not so fortunate in Indy Car racing.

What a coincidence! I actually own 4 bottles of the 2013 Lewis Cabernet LOL I wonder how much they’re worth now

Orin Swift, same thing. Nasty stuff.

Kung Fu Girl at #45 with 90pts? I’m intrigued.

Which vintage?

For a while there, we were seeing KFG in Target.

1. picked one up at whole foods last night for fun.