What dessert wine did you drink tonight?

2017 Sichel (sauternes)

1994 Taylor’s Vintage Port and chocolate hazelnut Oreos. So good.

1 Like

2005 Chateau Giraud Sauternes . . . Have the 1994 Taylor’s waiting and would love to know how it is drinking Mike.

Half of 01 Suduiraut. The real deal. Stunningly good

This January :

• Weingut Keller , Riesling auslese Goldcapsel Nierstein Hipping 2015 : delicious but I would wait to open this for at least another 5 years
  • Chateau Coutet 2016 : excellent , sweet with a salty touch
  • Chateau Coutet 1983 : delicious , fully ready now
  • Climens 2003 and Lafaury Peyraguey 2003 : slight preference for the LP
  • Yquem 1983 : outstanding bottle , all power and sweetness .
  • 1893 d’Arche : what a treat , bought 2 bottles at auction , they were both fine . Still beautiful sweetness combined with nice acidities , rich and creamy .

In advance of the Super Bowl I poured a small glass of 02 Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Auslese **. Wow, seems to be declassified BA. Every sip is Urziger Wurzgarten nectar.

1 Like

Casa Santa Eufemia 40 year old Tawny Port. Superb stuff and the better of the Santa Eufemia estates IMHO.

1 Like

Finishing a previously Coravin’d bottle of 2003 Rieussec. Very nice.

Sorry for the late response, but judging by the 1970 Taylor’s I had at Christmas I’d say the 1994 is drinking well now and will do so for the next 25-30 years.

1 Like

The 1995 vin de paille from Chapoutier ( half bottles ) was excellent : deep brown in color , with nice acidities , fully ready . Unfortunately , the second bottle was corked .
Doisy Daene 1973 was a risk and it did not pay out : beautiful color and nice nose but the wine was tin and short .

1 Like

Several days ago but just discovering this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1990 Yquem
Honeyed and delicious with not a hair out of place. I like that the fruit is diverse, and not the overwhelming dried apricot that older Sauternes can sometimes show. A better showing than a bottle opened 5 years ago, with an extra level of complexity and interest. Very good minus

1 Like

2003 Joh. Jos. Prum Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel

2 Likes

San Leonardo (from Quinta do Mourao) 20 year old White Port.

Had the 1995 vin de paille on vacation this summer. We purchased it at the winery many years ago. Lovely wine.

1 Like

0861F8F4-2785-498A-A369-39DBDF72744C.jpeg

Rieussec 1999 yesterday : I loved it . Fully ready , golden color , deliciously long and creamy .

But the 1970 Climens was not a success : unpleasant finish . Not a great year

Good to know! I have a half bottle that I was going to drink soon.

I opened a 2007 Climens half last night. Too young, but I’ll try it again today and tomorrow and see if it improves.

1 Like

2014 Krupp Brothers M Block Dessert Cab Sauv.

Paraphrasing Dr. Krupp on the reason for this wine:

‘Whoopsies! We forgot to harvest these rows of Cab, so we turned them into a dessert wine’.

2002 Chateau Pierre-Bise Quarts de Chaume

2006 Navarro Cluster Select Riesling