What de Négoce wine are you drinking tonight?

Scott, I suspect that we are both rather promiscuous with our wine relationships :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Ha Bob,
I love to make love with a different seductive bottle every single night!!!
:+1::yum::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Opened a 400 tonight. In a really good spot.

10 Likes

Checked in on 230 and 250 yesterday. Two big red wines on a day when outside hit 100+F, but my wife made a steak with peppers/onions and gravy dish that demanded a robust wine (or 2). Both were drinking well, with the 230/Red Mountain feeling more like “home” to my palate, but the 250/Rutherford still a point or two ahead on the scorecard.

Impossible to generalize on 2 wines, but I will anyway, and say it’s a good demonstration of why Cab will not ever be Washington’s “signature” grape. Some writers/critics still make that case, but Napa/California has that locked down, and for my palate the examples of Syrah from Washington are more interesting, varied, and overall better than those from CA. (I do count Walla Walla including Rocks of MF in my WA Syrah bucket, even though the MF part it is actually Oregon.)

6 Likes

My case of dN 478 arrived this morning and I just poured it into the decanter for tonight (just after 2 pm). The aroma seems good but rrestrained. Will start drinking in about 3 hours and leave notes. dN 234 will be opened tomorrow.

1 Like
  • 2018 de Négoce Merlot OG N.90 - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (7/11/2024)
    I really love where this Merlot is at after two more years of aging. Gobs of purple fruit, new French oak that is well integrated, and a really nice finish highlight a simply outstanding value. It's really come into its own. As I wrote a couple of years ago, this isn't going to blow you away with complexity, but at $13 it really didn't need to. A simply stunning value. (91 points)
5 Likes

After decanting for almost 3 hours, dN 478 has developed a more intense aroma of prunes and Dr. Pepper. The flavors are well balanced between fruit and tannins, although the complexity is just below the surface at this point. This wine does taste high end now though it obviously needs more cellar time. There was not a lot of change as the wine went through the evening - maybe just a smoothing out. I’ll wait another 6 months or so before opening my next bottle.

4 Likes

Eighteen months ago we had a de Négoce ‘Merlot’ tasting for 5.5 people (one lady only wanted to try the night’s ‘winner’) with four examples (Lots WW 86, WW 90, Napa 123 and HHH 205, ~ shucks, one fellow mistakenly drank his last weekday Sonoma N 34 before the event). Overall scores for the group went 1) L 205 overwhelmingly, then 2) N 86, 3) N 123 and 4) N 90 last. Today, I’m sure that the N 123 would have inched up to second place. Now 3.5 years after bottling with 10 Lot 90 remaining, you have convinced me to try this again. Thank you for the reminder.

5 Likes

That’s a great Merlot lineup Boris! Sounds delicious and fun. Don’t have #204 here. Darn…
#15 & #124 are also finally starting to come around. :grinning:
Both of those were built for the long haul. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

2 Likes

OG N.57 2018 St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon

24 hour (almost necessary) decant.
This monster is as big of a 16.2% table wine as I can handle and enjoy, next step bigger would be a Vintage Port.
I really like this in spite of the high alcohol, high extraction, massive oak and highly charred barrels.
This is one my favorite BIG dN CS’s.(64??) That’s why I got 4 cases for the long haul, go figure?
As usual I’m unable to finish a bottle, there’s 2” for day 2. Usually unaffected by the extra oxygen.
Long Decant now or age a decade?? It is an occasional Triple Yum!!! :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: Cheers!
with Ribeye :cut_of_meat:

Day 2: smoother and better. This still seems like someone poured an ounce of Cognac/Brandy into my glass of CS, ha….

6 Likes

Tonight is N. 19, Santa Cruz Mnt. Pinot. Drinking very nicely as a PnP, no need to wait.

2 Likes

PnP, #244 tonight. $14/b/delivered, so worth it!! :wine_glass:

4 Likes

Decanted dn 234, very likely from Dillinger, last night. Only waited 20 minutes to try though. Very fragrant with flavor and aromas of berries and red fruit. Still not a lot of complexity even after a few hours. Very balanced and good though. This wine will not disappoint when opened for your guests but really needs more cellar time.

3 Likes

Thursday evening:
OG N. 187 Atlas Peak Syrah.
Popped and poured. Dark in glass with typical ripe California Syrah nose. Some spice, coffee, loads of dark fruits in nose and mouth. Very savory finish. Really should pair this with some grilled lamb chops. Rocking good tannins and finish. 91+ points.

1 Like

Friday evening:

• 2018 de Négoce Cabernet Sauvignon OG N.08 - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/12/2024)
    Popped and poured with dinner. Pours dark crimson in glass. Notes of dark fruit, nutmeg, spice in the glass. Very inviting nose. Classic flavors of cassis with blackberry fruit, mixed with savory tones make this Cabernet just sing in your mouth. Minerality, glycerin, tannins round out a long finish. Has improved since last rating in Oct 2022. Start drinking these now and for next 4-5 years. Bravo for Cameron sourcing this fine Cabernet (for a song too!) (93 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

5 Likes

OG 27 howell mountain hillside cab. 14.7% Good to go on PnP. Tasted better as it warmed a bit from wine fridge (55 degrees) temp. Med+ body and more balanced tham previous bottles. Red fruit, cassis, long finish with spice and some dry leather. Smooth tannins and integrated french oak. Good trajectory lining up for these over the next few years. 92pts

2 Likes

Sylvester says: this delicious #200 goes great with whole Roasted Duck!:duck: :yum:

6 Likes

478 very good, PNP, decanted in the glass, love it, no reason to wait on this 2017 Napa Cab
horrible for DN to ship this last week under all the heat wave conditions all across the news dumb AF
shipping perishable goods under those conditions, while also trying to blame the customer is not good business…
oh well, the wine survived the trip up I-5 to Oregon despite the shipping F UP

1 Like

I had OG N.89 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon [bottled Feb 2021] marked for opening 2024+/2025. I figured it was at least 2024+ by now and when I saw that I had 15 bottles (however that order went??), the timing was ripe. Upon pouring, there was a favorable whiff from the 84% Cab Sauv, 11% Malbec, 5% Syrah blend. This was medium bodied, having a beautifully balanced mouthfeel and an ever so slight strawberry-like sweetness on the front of the tongue. Interestingly, this was a stemware staining Cabernet Sauvignon. Formerly thought to be from Basil Cellars (now Yellowhawk Resort). Though somewhere it was rated as high as a 94 pointer, I would be more than glad to rate this $9 Cabernet Sauvignon with a $60 QPR value 92 pt / A

3 Likes

Boris,
Yep #89 is a real QPR winner.
For me it is ready and still improving! Cheers :wine_glass: