What Chablis are you drinking?

Warren–opened my two 2007 Servin les Clos bottles last night, stored in my cellar since release–each deep golden brown, horribly oxidized. So I wouldn’t keep these bargains too long.

Just saw this. That’s sad to see. I’ll likely go through mine long before 9 years go by.

Cheers,
Warren

2007 Brocard Les Clos tonight was okay, but nothing more.

that’s not good. Huge BH score, should have been brilliant. I better check in on it.

I did not know about the BH score. I have had the wine several times since release and all were as described above.

Who carries Duplessis on the east coast these days?

Selection Massale is still the importer. I don’t know if any makes it out of NYC, but you could email SM and see.

I thought SM was west coast; plus they have upgraded to wholesaler status, que no?

They’re also operating out of NYC and have for around 3 years. You’re correct, they’re now strictly a wholesaler.

2013 Solange Tribute, Chablis. Great value wine, crisp acid, excellent typicity of place. Into the second half of the bottle tonight.

Doh! Wish I’d followed more closely: I mostly didn’t buy their wines because of shipping costs/hassle.

Hope to see some Duplessis working its way through the system by their good offices before long.

For daily drinkers, I target the $10 - $25 range. I used to venture up to $35 for Chablis but for the past 2 years, Muscadet has scratched the itch and met the budget. Too many times I’d take a flyer on a $25ish Chablis and be underwhelmed. Never seems to happen with my preferred Muscadet bottlings, so it’s a staple. If I want higher end Chablis, it’s not hard to find and the quality is usually there, although it’s not ideal killing off lovely GC Chablis within a year or 2 of release…and even worse to have patience and expense rewarded by premox.

RT

If you look around, you can find Louis michel 1ers for $25 every so often. I’ve never found a disappointment there.

But, yeah, plenty of reliable muscadet under that price range, and my Chablis purchases aren’t nearly what they once were.

Great mag for b-day party this past Sunday. Fantastic food served as well, great night!
image.jpeg

Ohhh…nice.

I bet it was still quite young. I opened up '07 Montmains about a year ago and I felt like I had committed infanticide. Fortunately, Arlequin Wine still had more so I replaced that bottle. Even the '09s aren’t ready: Vaillons, Fourchaume, and Clos.

Picked up 2014 Louis Michel MdT from KL.
Popped it last night.
For $29.99, this is an awesome value.
Bought a few more.

I just posted a TN on the 14 Vocoret Les Forets - a stupid value for Chablis / White Burgundy / Chardonnay / for $24

I had the 2014 Dauvissat basic Chablis bottling in a blind tasting two weeks ago. It was absolutely fantastic. For a straight AOC Chablis to be that good is a great sign for the vintage.

Had the 14 Vaudesir yesterday at the Paulee grand tasting and it was quite good also.

Just opened a 2008 Billaud Simon Montee de Tonnerre. Very lovely. Even better when CT tells me I paid $25. There is a note of fresh squeezed lemon juice that I find particularly interesting.