What can you tell me about Albania?

I posted the full Cheers video before you posted the short text outtake. :smiley:

Ahhh I see the link

I agree with John. While I have not traveled in Albania I have considered it and have friends that were there last year. It seems the country continues to shake off the ill effects of a Stalinistic Communist reqime which isolated it from the rest of post WWII Europe through the end of the 1980s. They are now a parliamentary republic and a member of NATO. Americans are persona grata in Albania due to US/NATO support of the Kosovo Liberation Army versus Serbia in the late 1990s.
I have a trip to Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Serbia planned.

It was my first thought as well but I saw that both of you had beaten me to it.

I remembered the song before I was reminded it came from a Cheers episode. Perhaps the same for the others?

My reaction is that there are also beaches in Nice.

I see that the guidebook has a list of key facts, from GDP per capital to voltage. For the latter, it says “220V (in theory)”

I turned 21 on the deck of a cruise ship off their coast, drinking vodka from the bottle with a bunch of Swedes who spoke no English but knew the words (roughly, phonetically) to a bunch of Beatles songs, and once drunk enough we sang the night away. After a couple of shared bottles, the deck chairs were surprisingly comfy.

But that likely doesn’t help. Sorry.

Rick Stein travelled there as part of his excellent series ‘from Venice to Istanbul’. I am sure that you could watch it online. Country seemed very warm and friendly, a bit spartan and the food very basic. Can’t say that it inspired me to book a ticket. Reckon Croatia might be a better bet.