What Bedrock wine are you drinking tonight?

Worst possible timing with my trip to Willamette Valley a couple days later.

1 Like

I took a flyer on the Shake Ridge Barbera the last time it was released and was really sad I didn’t buy more. Also stoked that Carlisle and Dolinsek are on the same release.

Looking forward to hearing the podcast for this release when it is available!

1 Like

If memory serves me correctly, there wasn’t much more of the barbera to be bought (think even the longest of buyers ended up maxed at 2)…hoping there may be more of it this time around though as both the 2017 and 2021 were awesome

2010 Hudson T&S block syrah last night. Lovely after a bit of air time. Has some future ahead certainly, but I can’t imagine it getting better.

7 Likes
  • 2010 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Monte Rosso Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (7/13/2024)
    Decanted an hour before service, followed for two more. Blackberries and anise on the nose. Tons of fruit left, mix of sweet and tart raspberries with nice spice accents. Hard to say exactly what age has done to this or where it will go but delicious now and likely for a long time.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

I have a hard time keeping them for too long as I really enjoy the brambly/zinberry nature of younger zinfandel. My youngest is 2018, so may have to try to hold a few to check it out.

1 Like

We opened a 2019 OVZ on 4th of July had with charcoal grilled sausaged and cheese burgers. Everyone at the table paid it compliments (and were quiet about other bottles opened). Much more giving and juicy than the last botle I had 2 years ago.

2015 Weill-a-Way Syrah. Night 1, pop-n-pour, tastes like it’s a year old not 9. Effusive, glorious Syrah aromatics but quite primary and tannic on the palate. To be clear the palate is delicious with fresh black and blue fruit, black pepper, orange peel, etc. Got around 1/3rd of the bottle left and will report back after a day or two. This was my only bottle but if I had more I’d bury them deep and forget them.

Last night we popped the 2014 Nervo to pair with Flannery hangers and grilled potatoes. This was from the recent Bedrock ex-cellars release.

With about an hour in the decanter, this is drinking great right now. I see why some people describe this as ‘claret-like’, although it’s definitely weightier than classic Bordeaux. But it’s packed with dark fruit and a gorgeous cedar note on the nose. Very elegant and goes down way too easy. Great stuff and I wish I had gotten more than the singleton. Spectacular pairing with the Flannery hangers BTW.

It also occurred to me that this would have probably pre-dated Bedrock taking over the farming, implementing no till, cover crops, etc? Makes me really look forward to more recent iterations at age 10 with the superior farming practices.

1 Like

You are correct. Bedrock took over Nervo farming in 2016.