What are your favorite NJ BYOBs?

Has anyone been to Prime and Beyond in Fort Lee?

Not me. If I’m driving to Fort Lee it’s Sushi Kai or Sushi Aoki. I can’t find omakase like that anywhere else unless I go to NYC.

is temperature on its own list?

Hahaha…you’re absolutely right. It’s in a class of it’s own. If forced to include both issues on the same list, it would go something like this…#1 Temperature…then 18 blank pages and then #2 Pacing of the meal.

But Florida! They’re just trying to make sure you get home in time for Wheel of Fortune.

1 Like

Northerner

Zi Zia pizzeria in Bloomfield. Small little pizzeria restaurant with no ambiance, but really good food and huge portions. If sausage with broccoli rabe and Italian long hots is your thing, then this is the place. BYO glassware.

1 Like

It was before a Lightning game but I was very specific that I was in no rush to see that piece of shit team lose again so space out the meal.

Ha! I would go just to watch them lose!

Yes, I liked it a lot.

Going to Wasai Bistro next week. Will try to slow it down. Do need to start with some dumplings

For Monmouth County, the best spots are (in no particular order):

Drew’s Bayshore Bistro - Keyport
Semolina - Red Bank (mentioned above)
Belford Bistro - Belford/Middletown area
Neelam Indian Cuisine - Middletown
Yumi - Seabright

Obviously some others as well but these are the ones I would recommend off the top of my head.

Rich, have you been to the Poached Pear bistro, went a few years ago and it was good.

I know if it but have not gone. Point pleasant right?

Yes, point pleasant