What are your favorite NJ BYOBs?

I like Zuegma Grill in Montclair.

2 Likes

Any tips for Union County or nearby? My parents still live there.

Not Union County, but close, is Corto in Jersey City. Bring your own stemware though!

I’ve enjoyed Latour in Ridgewood as well.

Jessica’s Cafe

Ambeli - Greek restaurant

Say something when you are in the area

Ahem

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/jersey-city-and-northern-nj/

Will do! My parents live in Westfield.

@Brian_S_t_o_t_t_e_r

La focaccia - Italian - summit nj

Common lot - new American - millburn nj

Roots steakhouse - summit nj - has liquor license but corkage friendly, approx 30$ for 750ml. I prefer the Morristown location but that’s more of a drive.

Scalini Fideli - Italian - chatham nj - also corkage friendly but aren’t always that pleasant about it.

Il mondo vecchio - Italian - Madison (byob, sister restaurant to scalini).

Serenade in Chatham (French) is also fantastic and has a nice wine list. I haven’t tried to byo there so unsure of corkage, but have had one of the best meals in the area there recently.

I’m in Madison, so ~20 mins from Westfield and work in Union county, so usually dine somewhere between my house and work.

3 Likes

Jay, that needs updating. Quite a few places are no more.

Chris, probably around the end of March, Jessica’s Cafe will have a new location on South Avenue. The current location will become a Mexican restaurant by the same owners.

What Chris said! I’m in Springfield, dangerously close.

Common Lot- Millburn

Basilico’s - Millburn (greatly improved for those that haven’t been)

EVOO & Lemon - Millburn

Jessica Cafe’s- Scotch Plains

Rooster Spin- Westfield

1 Like

I actually posted a bunch of notes recently.

Saw that, nicer location in Fanwood

then post the closed places to the thread and I’ll update it.

Jay,

I posted this in the thread-

Wasai replaced ATH and it is very good.

Would not recommend Basilico as a destination…been there 3x in the last few months. Bad stemware,average NJ Italian food and Definitely a scene on the weekend to avoid.

Interesting! I was there 2 times over the summer, and both times it was outstanding. Sucks they can’t find the consistency!

Thanks Ian! I just updated the initial post

1 Like

All the towns are making nostalgic. I grew up in Livingston. Sounds like the restaurant scene has improved a lot since the 80s’