What are you BUYING?

Any chance I may have gone a tad overboard? [wink.gif]

Top Row: Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA; Weihenstephaner Hefe Weiss; König Ldwig Weissbier; Goose Island Pere Jacques 2011; Ommegang Rare VOS; Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale; Sierra Nevada Glissade Double Bock; Saranac Summer Ale; Paulaner Salvator Double Bock; Rochefort 8; Southampton Publick House Biere de Mars.

Bottom Row: Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA; Founders Red’s Rye PA; Founders Centennial IPA; Saranac Imperial IPA; Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout; Saranac Imperial Stout; Saranac Irish Stout; Long Trail Coffee Stout (Brewmaster Series)

Total for this purchase: $35.74!! flirtysmile

There is enough room for 2-3 more bottles there on the bottom right!

You’re not going to like that Founders IPA … I’ll take it for ya’!

Sorry buddy, had it back in November………Loved it!!

Drats!!

Well, glad to hear there is some real IPA out there that you enjoy.

Bro, it may surprise you but, I actually LIKE a lot of IPA/DIPA/IIPA beers. The thing is when, as in the case with Racer 5, the hops just overpower everything else THAT’S when I’m not a fan.

Have you ever had the Smuttynose Big A IPA? That’s my kind of IPA.

I don’t think I have. I’ll keep my eyes peeled whenever I visit the States. Maybe it’s just my memory playing tricks on me, but I seem to recall the Founders Centennial IPA being very hoppy.

stopped-in at a local wine/beer shop yesterday, and got a few goodies:

2x Sierra Neveda Torpedo
1x Birra del Borgo - Ke To Porter (in 750) (Kentucky tobacco leaves were used in the brewing of this Italian offering … should be interesting!)
1x some English beer that’s supposed to be hoppy — it has the word “hop” in its title, and Centennial hops were used, so I have hope. Only 3.9% abv, though. … OK, I just went and checked what it is: Mallinson’s Brewing Co. - "Hopped"
1x 2007 Cantillon - Iris (in 375)
1x 2010 Samuel Smith - Yorkshire Stingo (aged in old oak casks (some more than 100 years old) for a year; 8% alc.). The shop had just received their highly-allocated shipment yesterday, and this bottle was the last one on the shelf. This was the first time I’d ever laid my eyes on this beer – I’d heard of it, but have never actually seen it. It was not cheap at 6.5 quid (approx. $11) for a single 550mL bottle.
1x Williams Brothers - “Kelpie” Seaweed Ale (this was a phenomenally good surprise for me during our “weird additives” beer focus week a while back)
4x Brewdog - Punk IPA
some Tetley’s Original Bitter (to help keep me away from all the good stuff!)

Also found a bottle of Aberlour 10 for 16.5 quid, so had to pick that up, too!

I have a note on this somewhere up in this thread. It is fairly easy to find after release in SoCal. I need to buy some to leave alone for a while. Damn nice.

Hmmm, no shit. I’ve never seen it around L.A., and haven’t seen it in MN, either. Glad to hear it’s solid. :slight_smile:

You guys mean this fine beer I’m consuming right now. [cheers.gif]

Fruitcake nose, lots of toffee, caramel on the palate with some dark fruits as well. Lightly carbonated and great use of oak which adds just a hint of booziness to keep the sweetness in check. Pretty complex as it warms a bit. Nice but a little pricey. Unique for sure!

Niiice! Your note makes me wonder if I shouldn’t hold it for a year. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for another bottle around here, and if I find one I’ll buy it and pop it open. As it is, I may sit on mine for awhile.

I was up in Portland last week and picked a few beers to wrap in hotel towels to bring back to Houston:

4x RRBC Supplication
3x Hair of the Dog Adam
4x Hair of the Dog Blue Dot DIPA
Ninkasi Tricerahops DIPA
Hop Valley Alpha Centauri Binary IPA
Yulesmith Holiday Ale

I wanted to bring home a Pliney or two but everyone was out. Good haul for a quick business trip, though.

Out of 9 breweries hit on a quick trip down to Portland on Saturday, only things to make it home were:
Hair of the Dog - Fred
Hair of the Dog - Doggy Claws 2010
Deschuetes - The Stoic (Belgian Quad)
Deschuetes - Jubele 2010

A plethora of German stuff. Maybe it’s time for a German only focus week. [whistle.gif]

Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA - sounds interesting and high in alcohol. Anyone tried it?

Swung by one of my local places in upper Manhattan today. Picked up the following:

From left: Smuttynose Big A IPA, Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, Lont Trail Brewmasters Series Double IPA, Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA (112 IBUs & 12% Abv!), Goose Island Pere Jacques (2008 Batch! found the last bottle amongst some old boxes), Dog Fish Head Punkin, Victory Storm King Imperial Stout, Ciogar City Jai Alai IPA, Sam Adams Imperial White Wheat Ale (10.3% Abv!), New Belgium Fat Tire Amber (have never tried it; not avbailable in NY but a colleague brought it back from Minnesotta).

I’m a happy camper. [highfive.gif]

I had one last weekend, pretty good and the best of the style that I’ve tasted (big hops like all stone beers) I think Cris put up a note in the what are you drinking thread recently. You will feel it [cheers.gif]

New Belgium Fat Tire Amber (have never tried it; not avbailable in NY but a colleague brought it back from Minnesotta).

Really? It’s been available in all grocery stores and bars around here for about 10 years. I thought Sam Adams and Fat tire were the only craft beers you see everywhere.

You’re a happy camper until you try that piss [tease.gif]