Weekly Wine Consumption Poll

I open 2-3 bottles a week on average. But just to make sure I don’t go thirsty on the other 3 nights, I usually make myself a nice bourbon while reading market research and such…

I drink wine nearly every evening, and rarely drink any other alcohol. My wife’s consumption is 10% or less of mine.
Cellartracker says I Drank or Removed more than 300 bottles in 2016 and in 2017, so around 6 bottles per week on average, but that does include wine shared with friends and family. A typical month when we stay home and don’t have any “outside events” is around 22 bottles consumed.

geez, for people who are berserk about wine, you guys and gals are for the most part, disappointing … [cheers.gif]

I am in the only wine drinker in my household currently, and I drink about half a bottle per night, taking 1-2 days off when I’m feeling righteous and pure.

More likely a sign of WBD - wine buying disorder. A frequent comorbid condition is novinophobia. Sufferers have also been known to experience an almost paralytic anxiety about having nothing to drink while standing in their cellars surrounded by thousands of bottles.

It would be more impressive if we weren’t liars.

That’s when we open a second. [berserker.gif]

It really depends on what’s happening. I haven’t opened wine for close to 3 weeks for myself to drink/enjoy…but I’m still opening them from the cellar for family & friends to enjoy. When I’m on vacation it can be as many as1/day if I with my SO or 4/day if I’m with 6-9 adults. When I’m with other wine-geeks it could be as many as 8 bottles in 4 hours. I varies depending on the situation.

Per person? That would be a lot.

If I include my wife, then it’s 7+ per week. I normally consume 1/2 bottle per evening with dinner and after, and a little bit more normally on weekends. All in healthy moderation, unless when MarcF comes over, then it can get ugly.

In an average week, we go through 3 bottles of white, one champagne and 4 reds. Of course if there’s a dinner party, add several more. The whites are mostly weekday wines, the reds probably 2 weekday wines and 2 weekend ones. We don’t drink anything else (we of course means me and the wondrous one).

For me, it depends on whether you are talking about consumption on your own or what you open for friends. We typically only open 2-3 bottles per week for ourselves but will open 6-7 on weekends for our friends or wine groups.