Weekend Wines as I Slip Further down the Slippery Slope toward Burgundy (Jadot, Thibault, KB, Breggo

Dennis, I mined this out for you to celebrate the decade of WB.

While Russ and I have evolved, you seemed to be out ahead of many as your palate shifted, right? The 2006 KB wines were not great, and is that one of the inflection points for you that helped steer your course?

Wow, Frank! What a trip.
Somber reflection, in a sense, as I remember this weekend and I sadly have since fell out of touch with the friends that shared these wines that weekend.

I was just starting to get the itch when I made this declaration. I really knew so little about Burgundy at the time. I was just learning. I guess i got lucky on that '04 Thibault. And Ursules, well, it has become a staple of my cellar.
I went hard for KB early on, a friend had a bunch of it, including this bottle, but yeah, it started to stick out a bit as I drank more Burgundy.
I never really looked back.

Thanks for a jolt down memory lane!

So, Dennis, what Burgundy producers do you buy the most from now?

I must admit to being impressed that with little experience with Burgundy 10 years ago you quickly fell for Ursules. Great wine, but one I think of as being more structured and less fruit forward and appealing more to someone with Burgundy experience. [winner.gif]

After comsuming KB…a village burg will taste like a grand cru.

Hey everyone, newhere , but are there any data visualizations where we can see the difference between Kosta Browne and burgundies?

I did some light Google searching and wine datasets are of course frequently used — but I didn’t figure out if there is a CellarTracker/Wine-Searcher level mainstay for visualizing wine comparisons?

New school KB is very different than the 2006-era behemoths, far more balanced and enjoyable imho. Although I’m still not a buyer at the pricing, the couple I’ve tried were really delicious and that’s coming from someone who wasn’t a fan of the older style at all.

I saw 2006 Huedelot LSG for $50 and flipped.
And then realized that was posted in 2009. Sad.

Ha! That 2006 Urslues cost me all of $29.99 from Brown Derby [cheers.gif]

One of my most memorable Burgundies was a Clos Des Ursules 1976 from magnum two years ago. Was in a perfect place. If I see them at auction with age and a decent price point (the magnum was about $120 a year before consumption) I bid :slight_smile:

Luckily there are still good QPRs in Burgundy. Just bough a 6 pack of GC Clos Prieur 2014 from Marc Roy at about $62 per bottle and they are singing. Have drunk three in a week and a half :confused: