Weekend in Miami: 1988 Trapet Latricières-Chambertin, 2007 Anne Gros Echezeaux Les Loachauss

1988 Domaine Louis Trapet Latricières-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Latricières-Chambertin Grand Cru (9/1/2012)
Bottle was in OWC with 2-3cm fill. Cork was a bit crumbly but was able to extract it intact and was only stained 1/4 way up. Reddish brown in color. Some meaty aromas, crushed oyster shells, and dried fruit aromas. The palate was salty and savory with a bit of drying tannins. No detectable sweetness or fruit on the palate.

Interesting but probably wouldn’t buy again.

Edited: after 2 hours the tannins have faded a bit and a little sweetness has emerged.

2007 Domaine Anne Gros Echezeaux Les Loachausses - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (9/1/2012)
Absolutely delicious. Beautiful spice, bright fruit, and slight floral nose. The palate is delicious with bright sweet red fruit, cherry, nice acidity, faint minerality. No mosquito repellent. Great drinking now. A steal at $70.

Posted from CellarTracker

I bought one too.
We’ll see if it is consistent…

Hope you open it in the next 2 days! If mine is an off bottle I can purchase another while I’m in town.

Sorry–I bought it out of state. No shipping here until late Oct probably. Why don’t you go ahead pick up another anyway. What could possibly go wrong? [whistle.gif] [wink.gif]

Impossible to generalise of course, but well cellared 88s are not ullaged at all in my experience. If this is ex-cellars their cellars may be too warm.

I bought an 89 of the same wine at the domaine last summer and the fill is perfect. Won’t drink it for another 2 years though

Done. Damn enablers…

I agree with everyone about the fill which is why I’m dumb enough to buy another one.

The fill on this one is just below the capsule.

Now if you’ll drink it in the next few days I’ll know if I should buy another [snort.gif]

Drinking it Monday because I purchased this from W Wine Boutique in Miami at $99 and I’m leaving town Tuesday.

Apex Beverage Company in NC also has it

2nd bottle. Higher fill but cork tainted. Funk blew off but wine was flat. DOA.

2nd bottle of the 2007 Domaine Anne Gros Echezeaux Les Loachausses was again delicious.

does not bode well for me
hope the box is pretty

Hope you have better luck than I did Scott.