We did Robert Parker's dream dinner: Sushi and Rhone (except it's Jamet/Allemand)

Ha. We drink plenty of juge together. Gotta switch it up a bit

Posts above criticizing the thread title looked pretty Juge-y to me.

I drank a 91 Brune over Christmas and it absolutely brilliant, but in a very brutal way

Wow!! Tell me more!

1999 Jamet is my favorite since 1991. It’s still young but oh so amazing. I think if you had given it a tad more air you may have been happier. I would have double decanted 3-4 hours before. I know the 98 has some fans but I don’t think it holds a candle to the 99.

My top 3 Jamets are the 91 Brune, 99 BrUne and the 97 Sommet d’Harys (which I think was only made once).

The 91 drink over Christmas evolved continuously for 4 hours or so. Black fruits, meats, charcuterie, Islay whisky, coffee, chocolate… simply ethereal. It also came across as almost weightless. It was a bit too much for a couple of people however !

I went back and forth about double decanting 3 hours before. But a friend who had it recently did the same and said the wine was shut down hard the rest of the night. So I threw caution to the wind and PnP. Just never know with the wines.