Wash DC Restaurant Rec's Needed

http://www.blacksaltrestaurant.com/ loved this place. Sells seafood retail too at front of store and… right next door to Mac Arthurs wines store.

I agree. Dino’s and Dean Gold are friends of winos!

I was in DC at the beginning of the month with my family. We were staying with a friend who lives in Cleveland Park, so we walked to Dino’s our last nigh there. It was fantastic. We took a bottle of wine with us, but their list was so good, it was wasted effort. The food was really really good, and the service was excellent. And to top it all off, it was surprisingly casual. We took our kids (6 and 8) and they liked it and were not out of place.

My friend who lives there told me she’d often go there and eat at the bar for around ten bucks – supposedly they have a phenomenal burger that they only serve at the bars.

The also had one of the stinkiest and most pungently ripe bleu cheeses I’ve ever had in my life. I forget what it is called, but the mold bite is so funky that they drench the cheese with honey before they serve it.

So - I vote for Dino’s

BTW - if I hadn’t been sent there, this is a place that I likely wouldn’t give a second glance just walking past it – making it the very best kind of restaurant.

Would definitely suggest 2 Amys. Really fantastic artisan pizza as well as some of the best charcuterie (house made and imported) around. Its not very fancy, but will definitely satisfy. The wine list isn’t that interesting, but offers some pretty nice values as times as markups are usually reasonable. Last time I ate there they had the Tenuta Delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso 2010 for $30 that paired really well with our charcuterie spread and pizza. They have a reserve list too with some more esoteric choices. Very highly recommended.

We just came back from DC and thoroughly enjoyed Rasika and Estadio, but had a surprise at Atlas Room. A bit off the beaten path, small and large plates, reasonably priced and very fun. Mike

Yep, both the executive and sous chefs are ex-Michel Richard disciples. We had an amazing meal there a couple weeks ago (the Bolognese is ridic). Didn’t know they were so wine friendly – next time we’ll definitely BYOB!

There will be a bunch of crazy winos in Dino Friday night upstairs making a lot of noise and drinking quantities of great wine. You have been warned! Ardeo/Bardeo is a fun place with good food and a decent list down the street from Dino. Noisy and popular so book ahead.

Signatures…

[rofl.gif]