Waltham, Il Capriccio Thurs. 7/23

Announcement here but post interest please on the other site so all interested are tallied in a single place

Thursday july 23rd. 6:30PM :: Spanish wines of note. No need to bring glasses but do bring cash as it is easier on them

http://www.ilcapricciowaltham.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two seats still available then i’ll start a wait-list

My friend Regis will join us, one seat left

What is this “other” site you speak of. I doubt there is another board out there as great as this one. [berserker.gif]

Think Mr. Kramer is talking about **************. [rofl.gif]

I had a chance to eat at Il Capriccio last summer when visiting family and had these two off the list. Utterly fantastic restaurant and list:

• 1995 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico (7/24/2008)
    Wonderfully fragrant, sandalwood, tobacco, and cherry. The palate is lean with tea leaf and cherry notes, perfectly proportioned for what I expect. A wine of artful finesse much more than size and girth, exactly what one would want and expect from this vineyard.
  • 1999 Romano Dal Forno Valpolicella Superiore - Italy, Veneto, Valpolicella, Valpolicella Superiore (7/24/2008)
    A real crowd pleaser. Tar, violet and raspberry on the nose. Wonderfully energetic with great fruit and acidity, plenty of structure but definitely takes a backseat to the wonderful black fruit expression. Utterly delicious.

Posted from CellarTracker

In my backyard and you didn’t give a shout, Shame Eric, shame! [beee.gif]

Ron, it is a long story. Suffice it to say that when I manage to get to Boston it is usually a pretty somber thing without a lot of wine or socializing. My Dad is not doing too well. Anyway, next time I get there I will try to do a better job of reaching out to people.

If you ever need me to do something for you here, let me know.

Nancy Pilon will also be attending.

Ron, unless its another person, it’s Natalie Pilon - don’t worry though, she’s a forgiving woman

My apologies to Natalie, I look foward to meeting her.

Natalie’s husband, whose name I don’t know, is also coming.
How many are we now?

So that will be me and Mike (the infamous husband) unless he has to work and then I will ask my stand-in husband, Moshe.

I think we are back to 10:

Ron-2
Angelo
Kevin-2,
Ted
Dider
Jamie
Natalie-2

Folks, I’d like to see what other wines are being brought so I can plan flights please.

G.greg is unable to make it and natalie is now a maybe.
So we are either 9 or 7.

Kevin’s friend bows out we are 8 or 6

Ron, post the list of who/what here and maybe we can attact a couple more attendees.

1. Ron Kramer #1 – ’91 Bordegas Muga Torre Muga Reserva (Rioja)
  2. Ron (Regis) –'98 Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero
  3. Kevin Foley #1 – ’94 Bodegas Alejandro Fernandez
    4 Ted Demopoulos – '76 Heredia
    5 Tim Riley
  4. Natalie Pilon #1 – '00 Tilenus Pagos de Posada Mencia
  5. Natalie Pilon #2 -1979 Oudinot Champagne Brut Millesime Reserve Particuliere.