Vivino App comments?

Makes sense. Similar boat here. Just curious if you tried doing something particular.

One thing that is frustrating about Vivino: adding bottles to your cellar. It will let you add bottles without vintage. I don’t get that.

I think Vivino is a lot more useful for people who are newer to wine and are still discovering their palate, since Vivino has a much more natural pathway into recommendations than CT does. I’ve had a number of people who were somewhat into wine chide me for not using it when we first met, and were also surprised when I said I put absolute no stock in average user ratings or almost any ratings generally, including on CT.
For me, CT is mostly a cellar management system and a way to see what friends are drinking. Vivino won’t be helpful for that, but I can completely understand why others wound find it useful.

I follow a lot of these as well. Clay and his whole crew are just great.

PulignyFirst was a great follow particularly for white burgundy but ever since the world changed they don’t post anymore.

I’ve kind of abandoned meticulously tracking what wine I have, so not something I think about much anymore. In some ways, I’m not sure I want to know exactly how much wine I’ve spent money on.

There are quite a few savvy wine drinkers on Vivino.
I follow some of them when they’ve reviewed a wine I llike.but you can tell who has more than a little wine knowledge.

What I like about it is…when i see a new addiyion to Costco or one of my favorite wine shops, i do a quick check and see what the average rating is.
Then read some of the comments.
You can tell who knows what they are talking about and others who don’t…i.e…“it’s smooth”
LOL

Ct may not have Any reviews on that particular wine I’ve come across…but Vivino usually has Lots.

I trust my own ability to sort the wheat from the chaff as far as who knows wine.

Its not a be all end all app IMO.

but as a quick go to…its great!

Thanks for weighing in on this folks.

Yes I use it, mostly because some wines have no reviews on CT and it gives me additional information.
Yes you have to filter the information which is also true of CT.

I do wish there was one end all app instead of so many I have to keep up with. I recently also went back to vivino because I couldn’t find a bottle or any notes on cellar tracker. I tend to use vivino if I am out tasting and it is a quick way to capture the wine and make some quick notes that I may edit later.

I still do instagram @tantinasays (mostly Burgundy, German, and champagne)
some other people from this board that I enjoy following:
@jlc_wg
@pavlovich.wine
@seattle_vino
@tannictony