Visit to Silver Oak

Alan and Nate are quite safe because my boss ABSOLUTELY LOVES Silver Oak, probably more than she loves me, so as long as she allows me to be married to her all those who support Silver Oak are safe from banning.

Plus, I like it now as well - the alcohol is always reasonable, and I enjoy current releases of Alexander Valley (unless a warm year) and Napa Valley with a bit of age on it. To me, my anti-Silver Oak phase was WAY early on in my wine enjoyment life - say, 2005 or so - and I think Silver Oak was a favored wine among the wine community at the time, because Parker liked it (did he?). I don’t go to steakhouses because I have come to Flannery (as one might come to Jesus, with no offense meant to Christians) so I wouldn’t know if it’s a steak house favorite, but I know the love of my life adores it, and always has, and possibly likes it even more now that she’s met Nate and he took us around the facility a year or so ago.

How many different vineyard sources is SO using for its Cabernets these days?

Bruce

OK: 1982 Cheval Blanc - beautiful medium depth, darker cherry/raspberry fruit, perfectly resolved with some nice balancing structure remaining. Probably at peak or slightly beyond.

Silver Oak and Twomey are my “guilty pleasures” at Bottlerock.

When the hubbub and heat/crowd get to me, I sneak over to the Silver Oak/Twomey area and relax and sip with my wife.

[cheers.gif]