Visit to Burgundy and Champagne

Did not. Obviously, many winemakers were showing more 17s than 16s because they have such a small amount of 16s and 17 is a much larger crop. Also, 17s are in barrel, while many 16s are already sold. What reds did you buy?

\

What he said. I’ve had enough very good 2007s to start thinking of it as an underrated vintage.

+1 to Jay. Did you wind up prebuying 2007 CdC?

Vilmart probably made my favorite 2007s so far. Both Cellier D’Or and his CdC.

No, I couldn’t find enough people to go in on a case. And then I bought that Winston Churchill so my Champagne budget is shot for a while.

But I’m sure there will be plenty of offers next year.

Thanks for this Howard–it’s a just outstanding report.

Thanks Randy. Look forward to seeing you soon. Maybe the Nats will learn to play baseball.

You’re quite welcome, Howard! Definitely time for another OL. As for the Nats…not holding my breath.

Did not. Obviously, many winemakers were showing more 17s than 16s because they have such a small amount of 16s and 17 is a much larger crop. Also, 17s are in barrel, while many 16s are already sold. What reds did you buy?[/quote

Blanchards and Bousselots

While I have not had those wines in 2016, I have really liked his Blanchards in a number of other vintages. His Bousselots historically has been an excellent wine, but not really my style. I am just not a big fan of NSG with the exception of Mugneret-Gibourg’s Chaignots. I seem to remember that you are a much bigger fan of the wines of NSG than I am (you like Gouges for example).

From last year:

2008 Guy Amiot Chassagne Montrachet Les Caillerets

I am quite fond of the wines from this house and this is no exception. white and yellow fruit is equally balanced with a cut of stones and ginger added in the mouth. This has a very slight trace of sweetness, but it fits in very well with the flavour profile and adds to the feel and flow of the wine as it goes down the throat. A very complete example, this is probably the perfect window for drinking. A softer but still very present Chassagne.

From 2015

2002 Guy Amiot Chassagne Montrachet Les Caillerets

Aromatically opens up with time in the glass, presenting with gingerbread edge to apple and lemon. Fine, certainly—smooth with replays and small saline at the back, this is just missing some vibrancy that this house should have.

Great reports Howard. Thanks

Wonderful report Howard, sounds like a great time and an excellent way to kick off retirement! I have very fond memories of a visit to Bouchard way back in 2005. Would love to spend some time in Beaune again.

Different producer. This one is in MSD and makes only red wines. http://www.domainepierreamiot.fr/

Thanks for the notes and reports. H-N, Clerget, B Moreau, M-G and Dublere are all amongst my favorites nowadays. Need to try some more Heitz-Lochardet … liked what I tried at La Paulee.

Ahhhh----no, I haven’t had anything from him, sorry Howard.

Mike

Maybe I can open a bottle next time Mike on Tour comes through DC