Virtual Tasting Series Compendium 2018 - WB Charity ***README***

Thanks. Just saw the post in the week 1 thread so I added him here.

I’ll need to pick a week to cosponsor… Humm… Beer…

Zin coming your way… Brian is on deck. Look for the thread soon,I’ll get it going tomorrow.

Please list my charity as “Center for Post-Graduate Opportunities and Fellowships, John Jay College of Criminal Justice.” It is a section of the College that specializes in providing financial and other support services to economically disadvantaged students who want to further their studies through graduate degrees. especially in law.

Thank you for the generous support! [cheers.gif]

I also have someone, not on the BB, who has pledged $5 for each of the first 20 notes posted, for a total of $100. Since the principal beneficiary of the donation is the Pre-Law Institute, which provides funding and support services for “first in my family to go to college” kids who want to go on to Law School, I expect to shame the other lawyers on this BB to match my contribution once it gets posted.

Thank you!

I’d double your friend’s pledging and add $5 for each of the first 20 notes posted for a total of $100; If your friend decides to double their pledge, I’d double too. [cheers.gif]

Bump.

I’m going to need a ruling from David on the upcoming week. [smileyvault-ban.gif] I have a large family Chanukah party this coming weekend and we are deciding on wines to open. Does an AJ Adam Hofberg Kabinett magnum count as one bottle or two? pileon Do I get full credit for a 375 of JJ Prum Riesling Auslese for dessert. deadhorse Inquiring minds want to know. [stirthepothal.gif]

A bottle is a bottle. A big bottle counts as one. A small bottle counts as one.

Week 3 Riesling is up in Wine Talk Week 3 (12/5 - 12/12) Virtual Tasting Series for Charity - Riesling for Dakin Humane Society - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

D@vid, I created the topic and made you the owner so you can go edit it to your liking.

Week 3 is up and running with Carlos and all things Bordeaux.

Bump, because it should be a sticky and because I am looking for lawyers to match my challenge. All I have so far is a nurse and a professor, and they are putting us to shame.

I agree, where are the lawyers?

Here’s my note for early start.
2008 Guy Charlemagne Grand Cru Mesnillésime VV BdB
Neighbors and I are enjoying a good taste tonight. I decided to open one to see where it stands, and I am now kicking myself for not buying more. I agree with Warren’s notes (From Nov) that this one would benefit from aging. I would say though that it already ‘lives’ well within what I’m expecting from an aging bubbly: More on the dry side, golden color. Long long bubbles, big floral with citrus and some honey (think early spring in Reims), well balance palate with slight lemon, floral and a touch of the yeast and apples. Yes, this one tastes well above its price range. Hence, the ‘self kicking’. Four may have been a short purchase. Medium and getting longer finish. Excellent

Week 5 Craft Beer intermezzo is up and running!

Counselor Hack, please share the details once more of your week, please. I want to be fully prepared to pile on as many Champagne TNs as I can muster.

Jay, paging Jay…put down the Jets gear and the Saxum, get your thread posted with what the hell we are doing starting tomorrow so I can get after it. [drinkers.gif]

I’ve got it started, bubbles!! Week 6 Virtual Tasting Series for Charity - Champagne for John Jay College of Criminal Justice - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers champagne.gif

Happy New Year, WBers.

This wraps up the last week of the virtual tasting for charity in 2018, another enjoyable and worthy effort made by all.

Shout out to the weekly hosts, matching people, and the numerous anonymous donors to all the causes.

We will see you next thanksgiving.

Per the initial post, I thought Jay’s Champagne week ran through the 4th.

I would have posted several more notes if I knew it ended yesterday.

Hopefully, I’ll make up for it next year.

From you, I’ll take more notes, since all of my brethren crapped out and no one matched my contribution from The Bar.