Violin Wine Pinot noir and Chardonnay Offers

Email sent

Hi Will,

Put Darcee and I down for the Saline Sixer & Pinot Twelver (may have to inquire about SV EA juice as well)!

All the best!

Hope you are both well Bill! I will shoot you over an invoice shortly. Still have 18 Justice and 18 Sojeau (drinking well at one year!). The 19s will be lights out and am looking to start releasing later in the year. WV Pinot 18 is officially gone.

Thanks so much!

Will

Hi Will,

We loved tasting all of the Chards with you this Spring.

In for Saline City Twelver (four of each)!!!

It’s a pretty salty town!

Absolutely can attest to these wines being the “real deal”. Will is an excellent guy and his Violin Pinots were a delightful surprise last year. Upper tier quality here. In again this year. If you enjoy restrained OR Pinot and Chards…do not miss.

RT

I hope you dig the First Man wines, the 17 is particularly pure and and subtle. These have been very close to home to say the least. Neither the 17 or 18 have seen any retail availability, and I only show them at appointments. Trying to make distinctive examples! Thanks for the kind words

Will, I am curious what your anticipated drinking window for the Chards are.

Thanks

First things first, not a great idea to serve these wines cold. Cool or Pinot noir temp is by far the better. The austerity of the chemistry is made more rigid by colder temps, and you will miss many of the more detailed characters I think. Day 3 or 4 after being opened is still completely taught.

The 18 Coast Range is the highest acid of the three, but in great balance as it is still 100% ML complete. A very different beast at one year than at six months, but I have every reason to believe this will be completely on point in another 4 or 5 years in bottle (and longer!!).

19 Sojeau is quite dense and concentrated with more structural elements (also 1/3 new oak which adds savoriness and length). Have you had any of Lamy’s St. Aubin wines? Texturally they are as tough. I would not think of opening this for 9 months or more if you can. The electricity will be evident but it is quite coiled.

19 Black Walnut shows a bit more generosity (Dundee Hills vs. Eola Amity) at almost the exact same chemistry as Sojo. It does have broader and more vibrant aromatic quality, but also more glassy/ saltiness. The overall balance and texture is more rounded and I expect this will drink better sooner than Sojo. Not interested in time moving faster of course, but really am excited to see what 3-5 years in bottle will do to them both (and the WV which is a blend of 75% sojo 25% BW). They are currently six days in bottle.

We will taste them together!

Thanks Chris

1 Like

Great to see you here again Will! Hopefully, things get back to where this isn’t the only place.

I need to get some wines from you, but I’ll follow up when things are so crazy. Hoping you still have Chardonnay from Sojeau when this is over.

1 Like

Any recommendation here, Will’s wines have intensity and grace. Just like the man himself! Get on this offer.

What he said!

1 Like

Hi Marcus! Yes need to trade some vino. I bottled Lewman 19–you will get some bottles–most expressive wine Violin has produced (but I really love the vintage). Looks like they cleared the field below your place…wow! Lets get together to swap and chat soon. Hope it’s been a good day for you!–wacky year with a wacky vintage to boot…

Cheers

Hope all is well Vincent, Happy BD 12. Thanks for the welcome in the community and of course the kind words…Excited to get some more Chard out there from exceptionally farmed sites!

1 Like

In for the Pinot 6, thanks Will and very excited to try your wines.

1 Like

Will and I make our wines in the same facility. I always end up tasting his wines and thinking, man, I want to make wines like that! So much focus

I have the great fortune to taste these wines frequently, and I can attest that they are riveting, tense and satisfying wines at what has to be considered silly prices for the quality.

Hope you’ve had a good day boss! Were you still dropping by for a beer?

Fine words indeed! Hope the day is going well Doug

1 Like

I’m really glad to hear that you bottled Lewman in 2019. It’s a Heritage wine in 2019 from us, just a really remarkable wine. We had two picks, and in the Heritage they’ll be blended but I’m pulling a couple of cases from the puncheons when we rack to keep records for the early and late picks. I’ll trade you a couple of each, if you want.

Lets get together soon!