Vinsent shipping in near 100 degree weather

That’s what I thought when I saw it too!

got an email offering to turn around the shipment if I wanted. I immediately answered in the strong affirmative. Radio silence since then and FedEx tracking shows the wine continues its trek across the overheated US. We will see what champagne house Paul Bara thinks.

Same.

my wine is now resting in Rialto, CA, expected to hit 101 degrees today.
510901D9-2892-4E8E-B8C6-0439E0FD0ABB.jpeg

Alan,
At least your wine is heading to you. Mine is heading to the former location of my offsite storage, which now houses an auto upholstery shop!

it will be a round trip and I’m canceling w credit card company. Staff has been asked to reject the delivery.

1 Like

I was able to divert my shipment to a Walgreens, rather than the auto upholstery shop, and emailed Vinsent that they can arrange for it to be returned to them from there. I requested a refund or wine that isn’t cooked. We’ll see; not holding my breath. If no refund or replacement, I’ll dispute the charge with Amex.

mine is now visiting Bloomington, CA where it reached 100 degrees today but is cooling to just 98 degrees tomorrow. And being delivered tomorrow. My staff has been instructed to refuse delivery and send it back. That’s the first time they’ve ever done that for wine! But then, nobody else has been dumb enough to send wine in such weather.

At least we’re talking about daily drinkers. [new-here.gif]

The problem with vendors that end up cooking wine, and taking it back, is that they will just fob it off on to the next luckless purchaser.

3 Likes

I received an apologetic email from Vinsent after reaching them with a DM on Twitter. They will arrange to have the wine they shipped transported back to them. They promise to send ‘fresh’ (not returned) bottles after the weather cools. We’ll see…

If you really think after a total disregard for the affects of weather they will ship you uncooked bottles later (there really is no way to tell with champagne short-term), I have a bridge to sell you. Reverse the charges with your credit card company and move on.

3 Likes

Will champagne bottles explode when cooked?

1 Like

At 70-90 pounds/inch2 It would need to be well over 125

1 Like

+1. exactly my plan after getting the same email saying they’d take the wine back and redeliver when cooler. Sure, redeliver the same wines. No thanks.

If they cared, they’d tell me to keep/destroy the wines since unsalable. Why pay to ship back?

Huh. Got a bottle of comtes from Vinsent. Don’t remember ordering.

How does Vinsent show up on credit card statements?

1 Like

Sent an email to support@vinsent - failure notice that the address is not valid. Reversed the charge.

it’s support@vinsent.wine

Who reversed?

I’ve had radio silence again since they told me they’d recall wine yet then delivery was attempted. Had my staff refuse it. Now FedEx says they will try delivering again.

Bank of America reversed the charges after I explained the situation: damaged goods.

Also, Vinsent never sent me an order confirmation or shipping confirmation.

Wait, now I’m confused. You never ordered, but it was both delivered AND charged to your card? How does that happen?