Vietti 2013 Dolcetto d'alba Tre Vigne

Yeah, it’s a little over that. I agree with you, but I’m still stupid enough to give it one shot. Yes, Produttore Barabresco is two bucks more. Yes, I am stupid.

Every once in a while a Dolcetto can do what a Barbaresco cannot.

One of these days you guys need to help me track down Barolo Chinato from Bartolo M. and G. Conterno. Those bottles have been on my “spend $$$ unwisely” list for years.

Those are very rare animals.

Has anyone tried the Barbera Tre Vigne from Vietti? Picked up a 6 pack of the 2013 vintage today. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers…

Barbera d’ Asti or Barbera d’ Alba?

Alba

It is a soft and round expression of Barbera. Well polished and with a bit of new oak and ripe fruit.

PXL_20210822_211744664 (1).jpg
A friend and I threw back a bottle of the 2019 Vietti ‘Trevigne’ [Dolcetto d’Alba] with a warmed over pizza. 13% abv, 57F, popped and poured, bright purplish color, floral nose. This is a good example to pour to show someone what an unoaked red wine is like, as my friend didn’t know that taste. Medium bodied, gluggable, but there’s some tannin here, and to my tastes, not really ideal in a ‘lunch quaffer’. I’d rather have a Bojo for this kind of casual consumption. Acidity is there, but it seems ok with the food. These are best drunk young, and I don’t keep any around beyond the one a year or so on a kitchen rack. Not really worth scarce storage slots… This grapey young wine gets a B in my ledger. The cork was agglomerated, and very difficult to extract with an Ah-So. (that is not the cork in the picture btw)

Love this wine, killer $14 bottle.