Video offlines...could they become a thing?

Streaming from offline is nothing new…
back in Sept of 2009!
Tex_1.jpg

topless no less

North Square, 12 of us and yes we were. 11 years

I think Greg sums it up pretty well. I like the idea, and the spirit behind the idea, but I don’t think wine tastings are ever going to be fertile ground for teleconferencing.

Depends on the purpose. If social is the goal then no I agree with you. If learning about different wine regions then yes as long as the same wines are being drunk at the events. Could be very educational along with members coming up with some facts about the wineries and talking vineyard differences, etc.

if we run them similar to most offlines, there’s rarely one specific theme - just bring something, and talk about it. Normally we share it, but obviously that’s not possible.

The goal on these is simply to socialize a bit as we’re all locked up!

I setup a 30-minute session on Zoom tonight - see if this works out. Not sure what I’ll open, and while we can have up to 100 people in it (wow!) it’s limited to 40 minutes with the free account. Pop in and say hi! I’ll find some Berserker wine to open

Todd French is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Wine Berserkers Quarantine Video Offline
Time: Mar 18, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 210 141 011

One tap mobile
,210141011# US Toll

Dial by your location
US Toll

Meeting ID: 210 141 011
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Was thinking I could set one up earlier also, like 5pm pacific, so the East Coasters aren’t left out! Not sure I can stay for the whole time at 5pm Pacific, as I have to prepare dinner for the family, but others could join in?

Frenchie, THANK YOU! Good leadership here to get this off the ground. I’m attending. If you do one for ET, I’ll attend that one, too.

I’d suggest a new thread, for those who want to attend and to allow some posts about it. My concern is that without the separate thread, you’re diluting attention. I’d even sticky it, too. Given the common situation we’re all in here, keep the thread at the top of Page 1.

I setup a 30-minute session on Zoom tonight - see if this works out. Not sure what I’ll open, and while we can have up to 100 people in it (wow!) it’s limited to 40 minutes with the free account. Pop in and say hi! I’ll find some Berserker wine to open

Sounds interesting. I will check it out! Better than the meeting for my school district today where all I could drink was coffee!