Verona and Lombardy, where to go and what to do?

This is fantastic information! Our travel plans are very flexible. I’m using miles for the flights and they might change…currently going into VCE and leaving out of Pisa with connections through LHR. It’s the daily check for better options on AA.com, but no more than two connections and Business class are a must. I’ll look into the alternatives mentioned by Ian. Great to hear that the winery’s are accessible! Cinque Terre is more of the wife’s agenda…but she always enjoys visiting wine country. Last time in Italy, we left Piedmont for Florence and she was sorry that we did…ended up with an impromptu to Montalcino.

These are the types of ideas that I was looking for…wasn’t on my radar, but looks like a nice little stop on the way to Verona!

Gini is worth the stop. Lots of old vines, wines are incredible. Also they do Sparkling and Desserts. The Pinot vines are from Burgundy. Skurnik has a good info page.

Make sure to make an appointment

If you stay on the west side of Lake Garda, you are in Lombardy. You will be close to the wine areas of Lugana and San Martino that makes some wonderful whites. Producers like Ca dei’ Frati and Selva Capuzza is worth a visit.