UPS story: To claim or not to claim?

When you go in to drop off a package they ask you if it contains liquids… Perhaps I am mistaken but that’s always been my go to.

On a related note…

All the delivery companies ask if liquid or hazardous contents.

Depends on who you are.

If you’re the type who poses an existential threat to Bidness As Usual Inc, then the state & the feds will throw everything plus the kitchen sink at you.

And if they miss with the kitchen sink, then they’ll walk over and pick the kitchen sink back up and keep throwing it at you until they smash your skull to smithereens.

[I don’t know why I went to the trouble of typing this - anyone who bothered to glance at the headlines in the news everyday would be painfully aware of these unspeakably sordid aspects of our dilemma.]

My trust in regulatory authorities has significantly waned, during the last few years and associated, embroiled dealings. Their primary concerns are self-preservation and self-validation, not consumer or taxpayer protection.

Nola, it is illegal to use USPS to ship alcohol. Other liquids like olive oil are legal AKAIK, but you must declare it as a liquid, have it properly packaged, and probably waive damages if broken.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks for the clarity!!

An extra heavy-duty tinfoil helmet can protect against that.

The regulatory state is the Praetorian Guard of the billionaires, and exists solely to ensure that the rest of us remain serfs & slaves forever.

As above, if Bidness As Usual Inc senses that you, as an uppity serf or slave, pose an existential threat to bidness as usual, then woe be unto you.

You might be able to duck beneath that airborne kitchen sink the first few times they throw it at you, but it will take an herculean effort to dodge it forever.

Maybe several layers of extra heavy-duty tinfoil?

-Al

I’m thinking an upgrade to lead, at very least…

I think lead may be part of the problem, actually.