UPS Really Sucks and should never be used to ship wine!

Last week, my relatives in China called Fedex customer service about a lost package, but they could barely understand the call-center MAGA redneck on the other end of the phone.

I think Jay should lawyer up!

If you cannot tell the difference between southern Indian accented English and northern Indian accented English, you should pay more attention, or get out more. It is quite obvious. My guess is that she was from Chennai or, if answering from one of the Mumbai call centers, was a transplant from the south.

HELLO,

1. You do not ship your $200.00 per bottle case of wine ground in the middle of the summer or winter.
  2. You have to be home to accept shipment or ship to a business where deliveries are early.
  3. UPS is great here while FedEx sucks and vice versa. It’s your delivery person, not the company.
  4. I’ll ship your wine FedEx ground for $75.00 or $70.00 UPS.

Who do you want to deliver your wine? You know who your delivery people are and what your relationship is with them. We have customers who provide keys to their delivery person so the wine is delivered and secured.

AGREE 100%! UPS_ _ _! They suck in South Florida. I just wish most wineries would give you the option to choose… I am 99% FedEx or no sale. Some of our regular/board favorite winery owners should take note…

I’ll pay the $5 all day long for FedEx in South Florida… Some wineries for several reasons won’t give you the option… [snort.gif] pileon

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Question for you: WHY are you even shipping in 90-100 degree heat??? [wow.gif]

I don’t care if it’s “overnight”, as supply chains and logistics are not perfect instruments.
And isn’t there enough wine in your massive cellar to not need something “right this instance”?
C’mon, man!

[winner.gif]

Shipping in the middle of summer was why I dropped the Jaffurs wine club a long time ago.

Shipping wine on Monday when the 4th of July is Wednesday is crazy.
Jay - when you write the CEO of UPS an email, ask them how many workers took vacation this week, and how many called in sick?
But I am guessing you had a reason why you wanted the wine yesterday, and I am curious what that reason was. Did you need it for a 4th of July tasting?

This.

I think most of us have a shipping nightmare-esque story. My issues in the past have been with FedEx but I believe there are likely local differences. And as said before, often it is the driver and not the company. After digging in to it a bit, I found out my repeated FedEx issues were entirely the driver’s fault. Of course, I got that from someone at the local Kinko’s as FedEx customer service obviously didn’t give a …

JD

No, it was just not my best decision, but it is my wife’s favorite and her birthday is Friday so I tried to get It. It was also not $200 a bottle wine. Im not that stupid.

Yes, I shipped to a business. My issue is that they said that they just “forgot” to put the wine in a container some time between 3 am and 730 am and they made no effort to correct the error. I doubt my box was the only one they forgot. They made no effort to correct the error. If that was a winery, we would be all over them for bad customer service, but when it comes to mega multi ultra Corp, everyone blames the customer.

PS. - Victor: South Asia is not China. It is India, Sri Lanka, etc.

I know. It was a joke.

you just realized your wife’s birthday was approaching? Speaking of which I’d better get to the card store quick, wife’s bday is Saturday.

You are lucky that UPS did not destroy the evidence.
Oh, wait, different company…

June to September, no shipping.

When absolutely positively as to be there overnight the clear choice is FedEx. No matter what, you will receive your delivery.
48D48A7F-71EF-4450-85F8-9B854131958B.jpeg
887ECD77-099A-4751-9474-07E9B61975F1.jpeg

I’ve dropped over half the wineries I was buying from that use FedEx. Too many issues. Too many hassles.

It’s a rotten choice no matter what.