Update: Whistler Weekend Wines; we’re back

I know you like that 2011, so do I. Thinking back now, when it was around for the price, I wish I would have bought another 3-4 more. Still have a couple but that is it. Good choice, Warren, and have a wonderful vacation up there.

1 Like

Last night in Whistler this trip. I brought a magnum of 2008 Vilmart Grand Cellier d’Or (my last magnum of this). Amongst the best bottles this week. Limes, preserved lemons, honeyed brioche. We loved it, paired with an outstanding meal at Alta Bistro.

Cheers, until our next champagne-infused trip.

Warren

2 Likes

Seeing that this is a pretty recent discussion partly of the dining scene in Whistler, I thought I’d update. My family and I spent last week there and had dinner at Wild Blue. Warren is right: it’s excellent, albeit a tad pricey. The only slightly down note was the pork chop. If I were to dine again, I’d go fish for the main.

1 Like

This past weekend, my favorites were:

1. Araxi. Best meal we’ve ever had there
  2. The Red Door; always excellent
  3. Wild Blue. Fresh and delicious. Expensive. Loses a point for serving not quite as hot as appropriate.

On a sad note, Elements, our favorite breakfast nook, has closed. On a happier note; Bar Oso is finally open again, and Provisions next door is nice for lunch.

1 Like

Good update, Warren. We wanted to hit Araxi but it didn’t work into the plans (meaning, we didn’t have the energy after our final day of skiing to shower, change, etc. for dinner!).

Our server at Wild Blue was great, if not a tad long-winded. She was very friendly and accommodating but, at the early-going, took us through a description of EVERY item on the menu, and I’m not exaggerating.

Another must for us: pastries / breakfast items at Purebread.

1 Like

We have been to Wild Blue twice now. Both times were very good. I did find it a bit better in June than November. They seem to excel at preparing fresh local produce. They also have a lovely patio where our little doggie was welcomed.

1 Like