Update on the U.S. Westy release

I was on a business trip to a small town a south of Clermont-Ferrand and by chance stopped into the little wine store there. I wasn’t terribly impressed with the wine selection, but they had a nice beer selection. And then I saw they had the sixer of Westy 12! I had never even seen a bottle before, but I snapped up that box for 60 euros. It was pretty funny to watch the 3 Frenchmen there taking the box apart and packaging it all up for shipping in my checked luggage. Of course, Delta had lost my luggage and I could only fit 2 bottles into the replacement bag I bought. The rest are resting comfortably in my colleague’s basement until my next trip out there. I feel pretty fortunate.

Weird. Then I’d simply buy and trade with 'em!!

If after trying their 12’s, someone feels the same way you do, I’d be happy to buy/trade their remainder from them.

I’m picking up a case today.

Picked up 2 today… Maybe 50 left at total wine charleaton

I got na e-mail from VIntage Estates. They are giving out lottery tickets on Sunday, and the drawings will give one the chance to buy Westvleterens or Cantillon. I am going to make the trip and hopefully get a ticket. This will be tough because we are hsoting a party the same day, and the tickets may be gone before I can start my drive even. I am going to stress about this, I know. I have an illness. [smileyvault-ban.gif] [help.gif] [cry.gif]

I got mine at Total Wine this morning, store opened at 8 and I was in line about 7:30, they were completely gone by 8:15 and some in line got shut out. I was pretty surprised with the turn out.

This is becoming more the norm now.Pretty much every limited release I have witnessed over the last year or so has grown more and more insane. Almost makes the annual PTY release look normal. [wow.gif] Everybody’s jumping in with both feet so it seems.

Cheers…

[welldone.gif] [welldone.gif]

I was just able to get some in Chicago. Was actually surprised as the location is normally swarmed by beer geeks for this kind of stuff.

Joe, I’m splitting my 6 pack with a friend, but I’d be more than willing to ship you 1 of the 3 XIIs that I have left

I did get a pack Keith. Thanks for the offer though. [cheers.gif]

Good karma for you Keith. That is why these groups are so cool!

If anybody can pick up an extra six, or if you have any you wish to part with, I would love to have some. Missouri got shut out completely when Shelton pulled out of the state [head-bang.gif]

Add me to the list behind Michael. Our Total Wine just confirmed that Washington is getting nada.

ME too I’ll take all you want to sell

We received 40 six packs and were sold out in less than an hour. To anyone who got one, from whichever source, Cheers!!

I hope you got one V.

Did not. Because of the high demand, employees not allowed to purchase. But never had it anyway, so no big whoop.

Seems like this is already out of hand on eBay

What a shame

Tyler,
You seemed to think they’d be in stock for ‘several days’ at your local place, did you go to buy one and what was the deal there? My coworker Pete got one here in Manhattan at City Swiggers on 86th (25 to sell), but it was a bit of a cluster and there were some pissed of peeps there who were shut out.