Update: A drinkers best friend- a healthy choice for many of us

NAC is a glutathione precursor that’s well studied, well tolerated and inexpensive. Take it an hour before overindulging. Vitamin C may help as well by boosting blood glutathione levels.

IV drip or bust peeps

2 Likes

I thought you prefer a 2 AM Popeye’s run, no?

Wings + https://www.costco.com/liquid-i.v.-hydration-multiplier%2c-30-individual-serving-stick-packs-in-resealable-pouch.product.100301223.html

all i need

Proof you’re the better Pelotoner.

I’ll just take a 30-day supply of banana bags.

I take NAC somewhat regularly. Recommend to be good for liver and brain cell function.

Ha, Charlie could not carry my peloton water bottle!

I continue t use this product with consistently amazing results and as such, feel compelled to share some information once again:

A recent Podcast with Dr Patel, fully explained the health benefits of Glutathione, which is the major ingredient in GlutaHydrate. This should answer any questions about the beneficial use for those who are regular consumers of Wine, Beer and Spirits. The Glutathione info begins about 16 minutes into the Podcast.

Podcast Links:

Wine Talks with Paul K:

Apple Podcast:

iHeart Podcast:

Pandora:

All marketing hype, no real science.

Again, glad it works for you, but I remain unconvinced.

The best “friend” you can have is a healthy glass of refreshing water, no need to peddle unknown supplements.

I will do a trial, why not? Particularly interested to see if it does, indeed, help at all with sleep. These days doesn’t take more than a couple of glasses to mess with sleep patterns and a healthy glass of water just adds more bathroom breaks to the night.

The whole thing sounds like snake oil to me, for so many reasons. Under all of the claims on the “home” tab on the website, there’s a live-looking text that says “references” and does not expand for me, so I can’t actually see any references for the many claims. Can anyone see the references?

NAC is known to work. I don’t know why something else is needed. That plus water and electrolytes is a pretty winning combination.

+1 to Costco Liquid IV, but that’s for a wild ass night. Water usually works just fine.

A little White Castle and coke should do the trick, along with a healthy BM or several the following day [snort.gif]

Glutathione is present naturally in grapes and is an important antioxidant and preserver of thiols. As such, Sauvignon Blanc producers in particular have taken interest in quantities present in their grapes, and there has been some interest in including it as a legally permitted additive.

I guess my point is, if this stuff occurs naturally in fruit, can you get the same effects for less than $10 a pop? If, of course, those effects are real…as others have noted, there’s scant evidence at least in this thread.

DHM actually works for much of the symptoms, but doesn’t do much for the associated brain fog