Unpopular tasting note?

Joe,
Sorry, if I came off harsh, that was not my intent. I was more interested in, after reading the note, how you came to the score. I think we have hit on one of the major issues of any system like this, we all know what “we mean” by an 86 but that isn’t necessarily what others think it means. For me an 86 is a very respectable score, meaning I liked the wine and found it interesting and engaging enough for more then a glass. My note are also completely subjective, so I don’t give points because I think others may like the wine or it’s style. Is my way right? Is yours? I don’t know, but it is a flaw in the way this all works.

So maybe I’m not the guy you want grading that math test after all. [snort.gif]

Have a happy and safe Holiday Season. [cheers.gif]

No hurt feelings Mike at all. You’re right for sure that people’s scale on wines are different and it makes it hard to compare sometimes. It brings up a good point that really there is no right way to score a wine sometimes. Hence no points from you on wines :slight_smile: This has been a fun post to discuss and also very encouraging from fellow WB’ers. Cheers man and Happy Holdidays to you as well!!

I had this kind of blueberry-pie experience once with one 07 Maybach Materium. Other bottles from that Maybach purchase were much better. I always wondered if that one bottle had some secondary fermentation.