Union des Grand Crus de Bordeaux Tasting Tour in NYC

I don’t have much interest in Bordeaux, buy very little (and probably won’t buy anything from 16), but I go, because it’s a great opportunity to inform myself about the vintage. It is definitely possible to taste selectively, and judge the wines, at least to first order.

I didn’t check all the featured Chateaux but out of the ones I am interested in these are missing from ugcb.net.
I am on the phone with 3 different people and nobody can help me. ridiculous!
cheval
mouton
d’Yquem
Pavie
Figeac
Troplong Mondot
Conseillante
Climens
Coutet

Yquem and FGs usually aren’t on tasting

I attended the 2014 UGC in LA and there were no 1st growths, I believe Lynch-Bages was there but they were out by the time I got to the table. The ticket for 2016 listed on Wallys website does not mention any such producers, though it could be incomplete. I’ll definitely be attending next month and hopefully order my tastings more effectively so I don’t miss out on my favorites.

I was at the Chicago one last year and while they had a few that weren’t on the list of wineries that was made available when purchasing tickets, they were not first growths (of which there were none). In any event though, lots of high quality producers are present and its invaluable to compare wines side by side. Most people just go up and down the rows tasting everything - get there early and hit the ones you want first as others have suggested as they may run out and your palate will be fresh. We had a fabulous time last year and will certainly be attending the Chicago one in January again.

I got in contact with someone from zachy’s that will find out which chateaux will be attending. I will post the list if i get them.

Further, I believe that the list of participating wineries differs by city – you’re more likely to get the full list in NYC than in say Miami…