Unfinished bottles.

I use the 375’s. I have 5 screw tops sitting on my bar. My wife even glass etched a couple with “drink up” & “Leftovers”. They look nice on the bar and serve a purpose. Just reuse over and over and make sure to wash out with hot water and drip dry. With younger wines i don’t even put them in the fridge. They can just stay on the counter with little to no change over a week or two.

Addressing comments of confusion regarding 375ml bottles: How is washing and drying a bottle different from the use of wine glasses???

The stemware is washed out with water, hung to dry, and finally splashed with a little bit of wine into it for a quick “rinse” prior to use. Voilà!

I lost my Vacuum Pump for the VV, but I recently found about ten of the accompanying rubber stoppers. Has the Vacu-Vin system been improved upon since 2006-ish?

Personally, I never saw benefits in using Argon spray cans. Maybe it was operator error. :wink:

At some point (not sure when) VacuVin changed it’s stopper design. The newer ones make a clicking sound once you’ve pumped out enough air to achieve whatever is engineered into them as a ‘vacuum’. I used to pump until it became really hard to pump more. Now it’s made to tell you when you can stop. AFIK the new stoppers work with the old pumps and vice versa.

Personally I think Argon works better for more than a day or two, but I’m biased.