Under the Wire Spring 2022 Release

Thats a great question, and I think a difficult one to answer. I purchased for a handful of years starting with the first release and thought the early wines would do better with time. But, for my tastes, that has not been accurate (did not enjoy a couple 2013’s I tried recently).

That said, it sounds like the newer vintages have changed and have improved quite a bit from those early wines. I bet they’ll be longer lived, but they also sound tasty early on. Will look forward to hearing notes from peeps who ordered from this release!

1 Like

Picked up our order today and Chris was pouring the Heron Lake and Alder Springs Pinot. Both were excellent and I would have no issues popping either one early given what we tasted today. Still going to follow my rule of thumb as I do with the Bedrock wines and let them lay down for a bit before digging in to them.

The Alder Springs Pinot would probably work better on a cooler day. A 90 degree day in Sonoma didn’t feel like the right weather pairing. Looking forward to popping that open when the time comes.

Of the two, the Heron Lake was the winner for us. Regretting not getting more now - but these seem to be right up the style we like at home.