Under The Wire - CA Sparkling Wines - Upcoming Release

This is great! Thanks Chris (and Morgan via email!) Very excited to try the wines.

Will first time buyers have access to that same allocation/pricing?

Leaning towards 2 bottles of Alder and 4 bottles of Brosseau. The wish list function will be simpler this release as well.[/quote]

Awesome news! Count me as all-in for sure, and more than likely a wish-list or two.

Thanks Chris and Morgan - pumped to try these!

Rich

I know we have no reason to expect this, but if UTW shipping can be combined with Bedrock, I for one will be ordering greater amounts of both. Just sayin’

hitsfan deadhorse [pillow-fight.gif] [popcorn.gif]

How much is shipping for 2 bottles? I’m guessing $8-9 a bottle.

Is the sparkling Zinfandel red? Like sparkling Shira?

No, it has a slight tint of purple to it.

The story of how this played out last year is in this thread.

What happens this year is anybody’s guess

We get better treatment from these guys than we probably deserve but never shrink from asking for more. Maybe that’s why they call us berserkers

A picture’s worth…

The '11 Brousseau was very yeasty when just opened (on the palate like the dregs of beer), but after two hours showed quite well. My wife who dislikes champagne even had two half glasses.

$15 to ship half a case to Chicago? Done.

Anyone who complains about shipping costs this year is a jerk. :wink:

You must be new here.

We had the Bedrock Father’s Day with pork tenderloin from our grass-fed meat purveyor. Really good meal on what was not a totally relaxing day, sparkling was delightful.

I uncorked and put in fridge an hour.
11377334_10204702701193660_3845298310946291677_n.jpg

Can anyone comment on how the 12 Brosseau will compare to the 11 - I found the 11 to be inline with most of the CT notes, very austere and primary (this is on PnP although I don’t recall it changing much).

You can’t pop n pour these. A two hour decant makes a difference.

amjohnstone…is that shipping confirmed? if so, I’m 100% in…

Right from the release email:

Shipping: All orders of 3 or more bottles will have $15 pro rated ground shipping

Awesome. I must have missed that email, but I got the first one!

I’m going to think carefully about whether I’ll order. I liked the '11 Brousseau and the '12 looks like it is better.

Well the Zin isn’t offered, so don’t over think it. [cheers.gif]