Ultramarine Save the Date

Fall release live on 9/7. From the email…

Our 10th release of Ultramarine is coming soon; mark you calendar for Thursday, September 7th.

The 2019 vintage was warm and early. These are wines of texture and shape and will reward patience in the cellar. We’ve used less dosage across the board to help craft and structure these wines.

This upcoming Fall Release will include 2019 Charles Heintz Blanc de noirs, 2019 Keefer Vineyard Blanc de blancs and the 2019 Michael Mara Blanc de blancs.

We’ll have full notes and pricing in the release letter.

4 Likes

Yep, got the email as well! Although it looks like the guaranteed allocation is the 5th and 6th for peeps who have been purchasing for a while.

Glad to see there’s only one BdN this release…although @David_Bu3ker said a 2018 he had recently was much better than past vintages. Also interesting that they’re lowering the dosage. Looking forward to trying these!

3 Likes

Anyone know when new to the list get added? I haven’t made it off the waitlist yet and clearly didn’t get the Save The Date

We had a 2016 Blanc do Noir on Friday night that was delicious and toasty

3 Likes

I don’t have a lot of experience drinking Ultramarine. The 16’s were my first offer after making it off the waitlist. Haven’t opened any of my 17’s or 18’s yet. But out of the three 2016’s the BdB was to my surprise my favorite.

2 Likes

Some have said waitlist is about 3 years

The 5th and 6th look like guaranteed allocations unless sold out and The 7th looks like unguaranteed for whatever wasn’t sold. Last release seemed like a healthy amount was still available on the last day

4 Likes

About 3 years was right for me

2 Likes

I got the impression that he’s lowering dosage to balance out the warmer vintage, not to change the style. I certainly hope that’s the case.

5 Likes

I was somewhere between 2 and 3 years.

I was on the waitlist exactly 2 years. 2016 vintage was my first offering. This will be my 5th offering and I remain on the first come, first serve list. I generally get granted additional wishlist items, but not always fyi…

Cheers,
JP

1 Like

Odd. Been buying since the first release and no email yet. Not too concerned. Yet.

2 Likes

I received the “save the date” e-mail this past Thursday. I didn’t realize that I missed it until seeing this thread.

1 Like

You may want to check spam mail.

2 Likes

curious to see what this release’s price will be

2 Likes

I didn’t get an email :frowning:

Signed up 2/21 … so hopefully soon.

If anyone doesn’t want their allocation or would split, please lmk.

$240/3pack. After previous years of being allocated 3 3-packs, I only got 2 this year. They’re also selling individual bottles of the 19 Heitz, BdN, and 19 Keefr BdB for 80 each.

In for two 3-packs (also have been offered/purchased three 3-packs in the past but only two this time??).

Also snagged an extra bottle of the Keefer BdB.

Love these wines!

1 Like

2 3-packs for me as well. Hard to compare allocations when not so long ago it was all Heintz wines. Not clear that the quantities of Keefer and Mara are in the same range.

3 Likes

Mara must be limited. No singles of that offered

1 Like

just received the 9/7 offer. grabbed a 3 pack only. left the singles of Heintz and Keefer for others.

1 Like