Two New Ridge Cabernets....

Neal, let me know where you’re getting two 2013 Monte Bello’s for $158. That’s some sharp pricing.

The 2013s were just under $100, as I recall. These are $175 each (at least that’s the price when I log in)

$158 with member discount (only shown at checkout). Of course your point about the higher price than MB is valid. What can I say, I like Ridge.

The 2013’s were $98 for the .750’s. We still have the receipt from when we picked up the wine this spring. We did not receive an offer on these and we have been in the Monte Bello Collector Club for over ten years. Not sure what the criteria was to secure an allocation?

Thanks,
Ed

I didn’t see an offer either.

I never got an offer. I am a MB futures buyer and just logged in yesterday and they were up there for purchase. Maximum three bittles

You might want to check your emails again. My email came yesterday at midnight. The subject line is “Give the Gift of Ridge,” and I looked right past it.

I received that email yesterday morning. I glanced at it then, and just read it in more detail. I don’t see any mention of these bottles. Maybe I need another cup of coffee …

Me too!

No mention of it at all. Did the OP contain language from this email or was that something seperate?

This is the text of the email:

A Pair of Special Monte Bellos

For the first time, we have produced two small bottlings from individual blocks within the Monte Bello vineyard. These two wines, named Historic Vines and Steep Terraces, are very limited productions at only 128 and 191 cases respectively.

Ridge Monte Bello Historic Vines - 97+ Points
‘…Beams of tannin and intense, mineral/savory aromatics are the key signatures…Readers who can find a bottle or two should not hesitate, as it is fabulous…blue/purplish fruits, dark spice, lavender and graphite saturate the deep, resonant finish.’ - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media

Ridge Monte Bello Steep Terraces - 97 Points
‘Unctuous and deep on the palate, the Steep Terraces boasts magnificent intensity…possesses considerable freshness, which gives the flavors a distinctly red-fruit leaning profile. Raspberry jam, wild flowers, mint and pomegranate are fused into a long, sweet finish.’ - Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media

As a special Three Club member benefit, we invite you to have the first opportunity to purchase these special wines.

Due to limited production, a (3) three bottle limit per wine applies.

Let Ridge Help You Find That Perfect Gift This Holiday Season

Allow Ridge to help alleviate the holiday stress associated with gift-giving and choose from our unique holiday gift selections! As is often the case, we have some very special offerings such as a three-year vertical of both Lytton Springs and our Estate Cabernet, plus a library pack consisting of the 2008 York Creek Zinfandel, 2008 Ponzo Zinfandel and 2009 Dynamite Hill Petite Sirah.

A complimentary Ridge gift box is included with all holiday packs, along with the option of upgrading to a Ridge branded wood box for an additional cost.

Supply is limited. Visit our website or call 408.867.3233.

Order by Sunday, November 20th, to ensure delivery for Thanksgiving.

Company Gift Giving: give your employees or customers the gift of wine.

The Ridge Holiday Feast is Here

We’re excited to bring you this year’s Holiday Pairing Feast, complete with wines, recipes and suggested pairings for each dish. What better way to enjoy our wines than with perfectly-paired, holiday themed dishes? The Holiday Pairing Feast is the perfect gift for the enthusiastic connoisseur or passionate home-chef.

Ridge Scores Big in the Wine Advocate

We were thrilled to learn that in the latest issue of Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, 13 Ridge wines received scores of 90 points or higher. Our 2013 Monte Bello and 2014 Pagani Ranch Zinfandel lead the way with scores of 97 and 93 Points respectively from Jeb Dunnuck.

Zinfandel Day is November 16th

Zinfandel Day brings together wine lovers around the globe on Wednesday, November 16th, to celebrate the Zinfandel grape varietal!

Use hastag #ZinDay to join in the celebration online.

Whether you are visiting our winery, participating online, or gathering at home with friends, November 16th is the perfect excuse to open a bottle of Zinfandel and enjoy.

I’m not in the CLub, so my emailer now that I look back at it, was for some gift packs. They were hustling yesterday!

This wasn’t part of the email I received, but I’m a member of the Monte Bello Club only. Luckily, that was sufficient to let me order the bottles :slight_smile:

I just heard about it here and went online to buy. Ridge didn’t seem to care… I had been a member of ATP too but just wasn’t drinking through them and dropped off and decided to actually buy Rhone as opposed to US rhone.

Don’t be modest. They rolled out the red carpet when they heard of your interest.

About as much as the Ridge online shopping cart represents a red carpet, yes.

I received the same email as the others with no mention of the Monte Bello wines. However, this morning I was able to log into the online store and the offer was there. Thank you to all of those who mentioned this yesterday. [cheers.gif]

Thanks,
Ed