Turley Spring Release Open

Order in.

Carlisle, Turley and BD all within a week…

Yikes!

Saxum, Turley, Carlisle, O&F and BD…
Can’t do all of them. Two didn’t make the cut.

Ah Turley. They rope you in with the Juvenile, a smart buy at $20 - but if you’re ordering, you might as well throw in a couple SVD’s and before you know it you’ve ordered a case. :astonished:

In for some Juvenile at least…

This is my first year with an allocation. I’ve only had a couple Turley wines, and I found them quite enjoyable. Our local store only gets like 3 bottles a year (old vine last year). I was a little overwhelmed by the allocation and wish list as I’m not familiar with all their stuff. I splurged and purchased it all:

6 juvenile
2 dragon vineyard
2 Duarte
2 dusi
2 mead ranch
2 Rattlesnake ridge
2 Turley estate

I guess my question is, which of them tend to be the most popular? How different of styles are they? I was too overwhelmed to wish list any of their other stuff.

Will these sell out quickly? Ideally, I want to wait until after Berserker day to purchase.

Last release (Fall) there were some wines that sold out before the release closed. Given lower yields for 2015 I’d expect some, but not all, to sell out.

I think everybody has their favorites, but in the past I found more distinctiveness in Dusi and Mead. Everyone says Juvenile is a good QPR, but I didn’t care as much for the flavor profile of these, but that’s just my own opinion. Check CT for tasting notes. That might help guide you as well.

I signed up for the mailing list in august when I visited. How long does it take until you get allocations?

Glad I saw this thread (right before BD). Will probably just put in for a 6 pack of the Juvenile. Always super enjoyable at the $20 tariff

I signed up about a year ago. I did not get allocated the Fall release or the Cab release, but got on this current release.

Interesting - have purchased from them for years, although didn’t buy anything last cycle. I had just 12 bottles allocated, 6 of which was Juvenile. I had no allocation of my favorites - Dragon and Rattlesnake Ridge. Interesting the newbee had more allocated. I’ll have to read that allocation thread a bit more. I’m sure I can find the Dragon and Rattlesnake Ridge at retail.

Been on the list for years. Got offered (still no email):

2 Cobb
2 Dragon
2 Duarte
2 Dusi
10 Juvenile
2 Mead
2 Rattlesnake
2 Estate

Offered zero:

Sav Blanc
Bedrock
Kirschenmann
Sadie Upton
and No Petite Syrahs

Been on the list for awhile and got the same allocation as you.

I would shoot them an email. This is my first allocation, and I was allocated both of those. No bedrock, 101, Petites, or a few others.

Ditto.

I will say that I wish listed several Petite Syrahs in the fall and got about half my requests.

Email hit

FWIW, I spoke to Tegan a couple of weeks ago, and he said the 2015s are going to be very good. He specifically mentioned the Juvenile as one that should drink well immediately.

A bit tangential, but how/why is a wine that is just released already showing up here?

Good question. Can you already purchase 2015’s in the tasting rooms?