Turley is live

I think people who are citing outrageous shipping should state what type of shipping they selected. I expect it’s because they are selecting one or two day type shipping.

My shipping for six bottles to Orange County was $21.

I don’t think it’s fair to the winery to scare off customers with stories of astronomical shipping costs, if it’s because you are selecting expedited shipping but then not disclosing it in your post.

$28 for 3 bottles to Denver, ground.

Mine was ground.

Mine was ground.

$31 to Illinois. Six bottles. Plus $13 taxes.

To Georgia
$60/case ground for 3 cases

My annual case of Old Vines was $30 to F’ville.

Turley to me is one of the best values anywhere.

Shipping at $60 a case with no tax is still worth it.

From a marketing standpoint they should build the shipping into the cost (imo)

I buy everything and request a few more.

7 cases total and Will drink(gift) it all.

Interesting that you aren’t being charged tax. Must be a FL thing. I had to pay tax on my shipment to NY. The combination of the shipping charges and the taxes bumped up the total per-bottle price by 28%, which is not insignificant.

I agree. I would rather the shipping was built in but then my taxes would go up ($60 x tax rate) more.

Actually, taxes should be solely based on volume in ml, not cost per bottle. Makes no sense to me. So what I buy more expensive wine, there isn’t more wine by volume nor abv. Plus, The packaging shouldn’t be taxed either. One wineries bottle, cork, label could be more than anothers.

Maybe a better idea is for the wineries to charge $5 per bottle of wine and $50 for shipping and handling per bottle. Then tax me for $5

That would be an excise tax which you already pay on alcohol. Sales tax is always based on the dollar amt of the purchase. Suck it up bucko.

Reeled in Turley with this release.

The most recent Juvenile cooled my Turley jets a little. The texture or syrup-ness seemed too much and was off-putting to me.

2015 Judge Bell Vineyard Zinfandel
2015 Library Vineyard Petite Syrah
2015 Old Vines Zinfandel
2015 Ueberroth Vineyard Zinfandel
2015 Whitney Tennessee Vineyard Zinfandel

Wished for additional Ueberroth and Tennessee Williams. Not familiar with the vineyard, but not scared of the unknown.

For the $6/bttl shipping cost for 100 miles, maybe Turley is trying to encourage attendance at the pick-up party…???

Is it a lot cheaper to buy them from the winery?

Seems to me they’re pretty available if you want them. At least they were always around in NYC stores and I’ve seen them at Costco.

That’s interesting. I’ve never seen them at Costco before. Which wines have you seen there? And recently?

I think it was Juvenile? Was under $40. Would have been a few years ago with my nephew. I joined Costco myself for the first time in my life about three weeks ago, so I don’t know what’s the norm for them.

Bought a mixed case. I love the stuff, though shipping and tax sucks… but even with, still one of the best values available.

planning to attend the pick-up party in amador. Havent been to a release party but the tasting room staff up there are great. Not pretentious at all.

Full wish granted for pesenti and cedarman. One of 2 heminways wished was granted and I struck out on ueberroth wish list.

I got wished one Zampati.

Turley really does now have one massively large range of wines.