Truff Mayo, amazing

I bought a jar of the regular pasta sauce at WF, I’ll report back. I only noticed because someone else bought a jar of the spicy version. He said he didn’t notice much of a difference between the two. I’m hoping he’s wrong I can’t tolerate hot spice.

According to Truff, their mayo ingredients include “Black Truffle Oil Concentrate, and Black Truffle (Tuber Melanosporum),” which I take to mean not-real/synthetic truffle oil and real black truffle. I’ve not tasted the mayo, but the hot sauces, which list the same ‘truffle’ ingredients as the mayo, taste like perfume (synthetic) to me. Everyone likes something different.

Ordered Mayo and received pasta sauce. Bar code on back of box says mayo.

Ha. Well that explains it. I did eventually get mayo, but I just purchased a single jar of the regular, rather than the two pack.

I guess I’ll be that guy and say I don’t like the mayo all that much. Mayo to me is Duke’s. Period. The End.
Truff is too synthetic tasting for me and the truffle essence is mild. Not terrible, but just not what I’m looking for in a “mayo”
Also interesting that my jars arrived this week, with no delays in ordering/shipping and best by date is June 10, 2022.
Seems a short window.

I bought a few weeks ago at WF, 9/2022 expiration. No wonder they shipped so quickly.

1 Like

I tried mine on a burger this weekend and was also not impressed, but am reserving judgment until I can try it on a couple of other things. I normally like mayo on a burger (also usually Duke’s, but I’m fine with Hellman’s as well) but the Truff was not a good match.

1 Like

[drift alert]

I’d recommend Kewpie, the Japanese Mayo, for those who have not tried it.

It’s not a replacement for American Mayo, rather a different take - a bit more akin to an aioli.

1 Like

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3512832#p3512832

1 Like

Saw it at Whole Foods and gave it try. I wouldn’t recommend it based on taste. The base mayo was pretty awful and it had a very light synthetic truffle flavor. My 5 yo, who loves truffles and mayo, refused to try it on anything after taking a whiff. But, she always says “do not yuck someone else yum”.

I bought, tried once and tossed…